YSL-354 surprise!

ttf_anonymous

YSL-354 surprise!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I know there have been numerous postings about the well respected Yamaha YSL-354, and its deserved popularity as a durable high school, marching band, and utility horn, etc etc ...

Over the years, I have played several and owned a few myself and my overall impression of it has aptly fit the above description.

I recently acquired another one, but this one is so unbelievably resonant!   Image  You can distinctly feel the bell vibrations in your left hand, like you can when playing a great pro horn.

Has anyone else experienced this with a 354?

ttf_Matt K

YSL-354 surprise!

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Yeah, I had one that was a pretty good player;.  It was the first horn I owned actually; a few years ago I gave it a satin finish, removing the lacquer in the process and it made it quite a player.  I actually ended up selling a 3BGSX in favor of it. I later replaced it with a Mt. Vernon 9 and now a Shires.
ttf_Matt K

YSL-354 surprise!

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Yeah, I had one that was a pretty good player;.  It was the first horn I owned actually; a few years ago I gave it a satin finish, removing the lacquer in the process and it made it quite a player.  I actually ended up selling a 3BGSX in favor of it. I later replaced it with a Mt. Vernon 9 and now a Shires.

Return to “Instruments”