Small Bore Mouthpiece Recommendations?

ttf_RJMason

Post by ttf_RJMason »

Hey all,

I've been playing a Hammond 13M for almost seven years. I love this mouthpiece but it's starting to wear down after years of constant playing.

I could just order a fresh one again, but was wondering if there were any other options people enjoy playing? Any new companies doing a great job?

Greg Black pieces seem cool, but I only have seen large Bore 5G-4G pieces...any recommendations would be appreciated.

I've tried Denis Wick and warburton pieces and don't like them...Monette sounds good on small jazz stuff but that's it for me.

Also think I want something with more mass than the Hammond, but not into the Bach Megatones.

Thanks for your help!!

-RJM

ttf_ntap

Post by ttf_ntap »

Ray!  I have drawers of mouthpieces.  It's kind of a problem actually.  but come up and check some stuff out. I have a cool mouthpiece Greg made for me that mated a Bach 9 rim (flat 6.5ish) to a NY Bach 11C cup.  The throat might need to be opened up but it could be up your alley.  I also have a piece with similar specs that Bob Reeves made. 

ttf_ntap

Post by ttf_ntap »

Ray!  I have drawers of mouthpieces.  It's kind of a problem actually.  but come up and check some stuff out. I have a cool mouthpiece Greg made for me that mated a Bach 9 rim (flat 6.5ish) to a NY Bach 11C cup.  The throat might need to be opened up but it could be up your alley.  I also have a piece with similar specs that Bob Reeves made. 

Return to “Instruments”