TESSITURA PRO Comments, Ideas etc.

ttf_Pre59

Post by ttf_Pre59 »

I thought that this program might be good for generating some new practice material, it didn't cost much either. Does anyone use it of have any tips or tricks?

Thanks.
ttf_Sliphorn

Post by ttf_Sliphorn »

Never even heard of it. No idea what it does.  But I'll be watching this thread.
ttf_growlerbox

Post by ttf_growlerbox »

I hadn't seen this before, either.  Looks interesting and very well priced.  I might download it today and have a play with it ...
ttf_Pre59

Post by ttf_Pre59 »

Quote from: growlerbox on Jun 05, 2017, 03:23PMI hadn't seen this before, either.  Looks interesting and very well priced.  I might download it today and have a play with it ...

It looks like the "Assistant" function is missing which is a shame as it's a source of presets etc.. It's not quite what I was looking for, but that's not to say that I can't find a use for it, info wise, especially at the price.
ttf_growlerbox

Post by ttf_growlerbox »

Quote from: Pre59 on Jun 06, 2017, 04:58AMIt looks like the "Assistant" function is missing which is a shame as it's a source of presets etc.. It's not quite what I was looking for, but that's not to say that I can't find a use for it, info wise, especially at the price.

I purchased the Mac desktop version and have been fiddling with it; adding approach notes and randomising the pattern produces some interesting patterns.  Early days, though; this seems to have a lot going on.  One limitation -- I can't get it to display (or play) anthing above 3rd ledger-line G in bass clef.  I'll try to get it to put patterns on the grand staff which should extend the range up.

Not sure what the "assistant" function is -- I can't see anything by that name, but have all the presets, etc.  Are you talking about the iOS/iPad version, and does it not have these features?  If not, that seems like a pretty significant reduction in functionality compared with the desktop version, which is only a few dollars more.
ttf_Pre59

Post by ttf_Pre59 »

Quote from: growlerbox on Jun 10, 2017, 05:09PMI purchased the Mac desktop version and have been fiddling with it; adding approach notes and randomising the pattern produces some interesting patterns.  Early days, though; this seems to have a lot going on.  One limitation -- I can't get it to display (or play) anthing above 3rd ledger-line G in bass clef.  I'll try to get it to put patterns on the grand staff which should extend the range up.

Not sure what the "assistant" function is -- I can't see anything by that name, but have all the presets, etc.  Are you talking about the iOS/iPad version, and does it not have these features?  If not, that seems like a pretty significant reduction in functionality compared with the desktop version, which is only a few dollars more.

The assistant is missing from the desktop version, it's a feature on their YouTube videos so I'm not happy about that..

It's supposed to have a lot of pre-sets to help you get going; typical user examples etc. I was hoping to use it to generate some practice material, it could be a bit of a long winded way of doing that.

The ledger line is an issue as well. You have the presets?
ttf_growlerbox

Post by ttf_growlerbox »

Quote from: Pre59 on Jun 11, 2017, 01:28AMYou have the presets?

If by "presets," you mean a bunch of premade interval patterns, rhythms and approaches, then yes.  If the main or centre panel is set to show the pattern, then the right side or preferences panel shows the "collections" of patterns, rhythms and approach notes.

Maybe there's something else I'm missing.  I haven't looked at the YouTube videos.
ttf_growlerbox

Post by ttf_growlerbox »

Quote from: Pre59 on Jun 11, 2017, 01:28AMYou have the presets?

If by "presets," you mean a bunch of premade interval patterns, rhythms and approaches, then yes.  If the main or centre panel is set to show the pattern, then the right side or preferences panel shows the "collections" of patterns, rhythms and approach notes.

Maybe there's something else I'm missing.  I haven't looked at the YouTube videos.

Return to “Practice Room”