Saving $ on shipping while shopping for trombone books

ttf_bonenick

Post by ttf_bonenick »

Here is the dilemma:
I want to get  few instructional books from very different sources from US authors, but would be pleased If I don't have to pay shipping separately  for every single book. Here is what I want:

Sam Burtis, Time, Balance & Connections:

Bob McChesney, Technical Studies for Trombone

Michel Lake, Trombone Improvisation Savvy

So, is there a way to purchase all three in a single shipping and how to do that?
ttf_growlerbox

Post by ttf_growlerbox »

Given that the Burtis and Lake books at least have (I believe) a fairly limited number of distributors, your best option may be to arrange one of those re-shipping services.  They provide you with a US address for the supplier to ship to, from where the items are then forwarded overseas.  They're designed for people outside the US who wish to buy from sellers who won't ship internationally, but you may be able to negotiate a deal whereby they hold items until you've accumulated a few.

Worth a shot.  It may also be worth contacting Sam and Mike directly to see if something could be arranged.  Not sure about Mr McChesney, though ...
ttf_bonenick

Post by ttf_bonenick »

With the help of Sam Burtis I managed (or more precisely Sam did) to get his and Mike Lake's books in a single shipping pack.

Unfortunately I couldn't make PayPal system to ship the Bob McChesney's book shipped to Sam.

Anyway, as Sam confirmed that the shipping was sent out (I will have to wait some 2-3 weeks to get it in Turkey) I look forward to.

I think is due to say thanks to Sam for all the troubles to spare few $ to a stranger, though fellow Trombone player.
  Image Image Image
ttf_growlerbox

Post by ttf_growlerbox »

Quote from: bonenick on Aug 25, 2017, 09:33AMWith the help of Sam Burtis I managed (or more precisely Sam did) to get his and Mike Lake's books in a single shipping pack.

Unfortunately I couldn't make PayPal system to ship the Bob McChesney's book shipped to Sam.

Anyway, as Sam confirmed that the shipping was sent out (I will have to wait some 2-3 weeks to get it in Turkey) I look forward to.

I think is due to say thanks to Sam for all the troubles to spare few $ to a stranger, though fellow Trombone player.
  Image Image Image

Sam's a helpful guy, all right.  Don't fret about the McChesney book; there's at least several lifetimes of work in the two heading your way.  I always find something in Sam's book to help when I'm stuck or looking for inspiration.  I have Mike's book, but other (non-musical) projects have got in the way of diving into that one in any detail.  What I can say, is that it is not your average improv book.
ttf_bonenick

Post by ttf_bonenick »

I got the books and got started on Sam's book. Not your typical brass book though. It take some time to figure the most optimal way to practice his stuff, let alone transpose the exercises in all keys.
ttf_cozzagiorgi

Post by ttf_cozzagiorgi »

Keep on it, it is a great book!
ttf_M.R.Tenor

Post by ttf_M.R.Tenor »

You'll learn so much more than you paid for with Sam's book, if you don't dismiss the details.
ttf_M.R.Tenor

Post by ttf_M.R.Tenor »

You'll learn so much more than you paid for with Sam's book, if you don't dismiss the details.

Return to “Beginners and Returning Trombonists”