Attempting to determine value, Yamaha YSL 682

ttf_Ryebone

Post by ttf_Ryebone »

serial 001554, this is a gold plated 100th Anniversary model, .547. Maroon coffin case all in very good + condition. I am the original owner. I have searched HeaveBay/Googled etc but can not seem to come up with a range for market value. I am looking to get something in a .525 trigger but after the sticker prices I have seen for well equiped Rath/Shires I definitely need to sell a few things first. Any direction for past sales etc would be greatly appreciated.
Jerry Hyman, now in Brevard, NC

ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Yamaha horns are typically priced similarly to other horns within their type.  A stock, "professional" large bore tenor with F attachment can fetch anywhere from $750-$2300ish depending on condition.  If yours has the Bousfield rotor it might go slightly towards the higher end just out of rarity.  But memory serving the 682 is fairly heavy as that was in vogue in the 90s when it was made.  That isn't quite as popular today as it was then.  If I were selling the horn, I'd probably tentatively list at $1650. You could also put the horn on consignment somewhere. Brassark and Dillons have both sold horns for me and were good at helping to determine a good price that was able to sell in the timeframe I wanted.  They are also good places to check used prices, even if they don't have your specific horn.
ttf_Ryebone

Post by ttf_Ryebone »

Thank you Matt, that's a good start

ttf_Ellrod

Post by ttf_Ellrod »

There was a 682B model. B stood for Ian Bousfield who worked with Yamaha on the design. Heavy bell, heavy, dense leadpipe (non-removable) material. An interesting oversize valve that, to the best of my knowledge, has never appeared on a Yamaha trombone again.

Were there other, non-Bousfield, 682 models?

Value? Maybe a thou depending on condition.
ttf_Ryebone

Post by ttf_Ryebone »

email with photo sent..I'm not yet attached to a photo sharing site
Thanks, Jerry
ttf_Ryebone

Post by ttf_Ryebone »

email with photo sent..I'm not yet attached to a photo sharing site
Thanks, Jerry

Return to “Instruments”