M&W !!.

ttf_vikingbone

M&W !!.

Post by ttf_vikingbone »

Just wanted to share this:
I tried out a M&W custom trombone at Bertram/Freiburg last week.
It completely knocked out all the other horns there.

The outstanding one was a classic Conn-setup: red bell, narrow slide with gold tubes and nickel crook, yellow valve section and yellow tuning slide. Thats the best horn I have EVER tried. It had a core, presence, resonance, projection and overtone richness I have never experienced on another horn. I very seldom combo of stability and colorfulness.
It was also very even and with good intonation. No dead tones.

I was surprised by this because I am basically a Bach player. I clearly prefered their Conn setup over their Bach setup.
It was more efficient, for me. The only drawback was that the slide felt a bit sticky but I am convinced this is due to very tight tolerances (which gives sound benefits) and that it will be fine just with some more use.

Give these horns a try, I would have bought it right away if I had the money!

Håvard Sannes
Norwegian Navy Band Bergen
ttf_vikingbone

M&W !!.

Post by ttf_vikingbone »

Just wanted to share this:
I tried out a M&W custom trombone at Bertram/Freiburg last week.
It completely knocked out all the other horns there.

The outstanding one was a classic Conn-setup: red bell, narrow slide with gold tubes and nickel crook, yellow valve section and yellow tuning slide. Thats the best horn I have EVER tried. It had a core, presence, resonance, projection and overtone richness I have never experienced on another horn. I very seldom combo of stability and colorfulness.
It was also very even and with good intonation. No dead tones.

I was surprised by this because I am basically a Bach player. I clearly prefered their Conn setup over their Bach setup.
It was more efficient, for me. The only drawback was that the slide felt a bit sticky but I am convinced this is due to very tight tolerances (which gives sound benefits) and that it will be fine just with some more use.

Give these horns a try, I would have bought it right away if I had the money!

Håvard Sannes
Norwegian Navy Band Bergen

Return to “Instruments”