Yamaha YBL-321 Bb/F Bass Trombone Opinions

ttf_seanschramm

Post by ttf_seanschramm »

Hey guys, just curious on y'alls opinion on the Yamaha YBL-321.
ttf_Burgerbob

Post by ttf_Burgerbob »

I don't like it much. But plenty of people here have expressed good feelings about it.
ttf_hyperbolica

Post by ttf_hyperbolica »

Do a search, you will find lots of opinions. There are many single valve basses that play great, like  Conn 72h, 70h, 60h, 71h, Holton 169, 183, 159, Bach 50, King 5b, Olds, Reynolds... I'm sure I'm leaving some out.

The thing with the 321 is that its pretty good for a student horn. But there are lots of better choices.
ttf_savio

Post by ttf_savio »

The yamaha single trigger are among the best you can get. I don't know why they call it student horn. Maybe because its one trigger. Anyway, they are same good choice as any other bass trombone and can be used everywhere if you want. Well, that's my subjective opinion.

Leif
ttf_Full Pedal Trombonist

Post by ttf_Full Pedal Trombonist »

This is the horn I was talking about in the single bass thread. I liked it a lot. I don't think it could have replaced my then or current bass trombones but I'd be happy playing it as a back up. Or if that's all I had I don't think I'd desperately want something different unless I really needed two rotors.
ttf_Dukesboneman

Post by ttf_Dukesboneman »

I'm a tenor player that doubles bass. The 321 is the perfect bass for me. Much more open and user friendly for me than my old 72H I don't really need the 2nd valve. If I need a low B natural I have a pretty loud false tone
ttf_Dukesboneman

Post by ttf_Dukesboneman »

I'm a tenor player that doubles bass. The 321 is the perfect bass for me. Much more open and user friendly for me than my old 72H I don't really need the 2nd valve. If I need a low B natural I have a pretty loud false tone

Return to “Instruments”