Inexpensive Bass Trumpet Gig bag

ttf_Dukesboneman

Post by ttf_Dukesboneman »

As the title says , I`m looking for a Inexpensive Bass trumpet gig bag. I have a Selman Bass Trumpet.
I really like the horn, plays very well in tune , nice sound. The local Phil isn`t knocking my door down to play the Bass Trumpet parts, But for what I use it for it`s perfect.
However.. The case is terrible. NO storage space for valve oil or anything.
Any help would be appreiciated.
Thanks
ttf_bonesmarsh

Post by ttf_bonesmarsh »

Nylon stuff sack with a full length zipper from Cabela's with a layer of folded 1" or 2" thick foam wrapped around the horn like a taco.

I used the largest duffle bag from Cabela's to carry a short BBb tuba. Use the outer pockets to hold all the extra crap you need. Just think TACO.
ttf_Rockymountaintrombone

Post by ttf_Rockymountaintrombone »

Usually alto trombone gig bags will work - just leave out the sleeve for the slide. I had an inexpensive Woodwind & Brasswind alto bag that was very good for the money. Sold it a while ago, but if they are still making them, or if someone has one they aren't using, that would be a good possibility.

Jim Scott
ttf_amichael

Post by ttf_amichael »

Can't beat bonesmarsh's suggestion for price, but Donna Altieri made me a nice bass trumpet bag for just a bit more than her single trumpet gig bag.  She just asked me for a few measurements and made a trumpet bag that was a bit bigger.  She probably has a variety of patterns around after all the years she has been doing this.
ttf_amichael

Post by ttf_amichael »

Can't beat bonesmarsh's suggestion for price, but Donna Altieri made me a nice bass trumpet bag for just a bit more than her single trumpet gig bag.  She just asked me for a few measurements and made a trumpet bag that was a bit bigger.  She probably has a variety of patterns around after all the years she has been doing this.

Return to “Accessories”