New BrassArk NY50 Leadpipe

ttf_fwbassbone

Post by ttf_fwbassbone »

I received my new BrassArk leadpipe today.  It is the NY50 model made from seamed yellow brass.  So far I like it a lot.  I have been using a Shires B3SSL in my Bollinger model.  To say that a leadpipe is superbly made sounds funny but it is true.  It plays very well and certainly delivers on the claims made on the website.  Open, centered, easy attacks, plenty of core, and efficient.  I've played it a little over an hour and I have a big band gig tonight so I'll be able to report more later.  Thanks Noah.
ttf_fwbassbone

Post by ttf_fwbassbone »

I had a 2 hour big band gig last night and I was very pleased with the BrassArk pipe.  The pipe gives the player good feedback and that always makes me worry that I'm not projecting.  This was evidently not the case as I got several comments that the bass bone came through fine.  One of the comments came from a fellow bass trombone player and he said the projection was great.  In this band I basically have cymbals in one ear and a trumpet in the other, so it's nice to have feedback I trust to help form an opinion.
ttf_fwbassbone

Post by ttf_fwbassbone »

I had a 2 hour big band gig last night and I was very pleased with the BrassArk pipe.  The pipe gives the player good feedback and that always makes me worry that I'm not projecting.  This was evidently not the case as I got several comments that the bass bone came through fine.  One of the comments came from a fellow bass trombone player and he said the projection was great.  In this band I basically have cymbals in one ear and a trumpet in the other, so it's nice to have feedback I trust to help form an opinion.

Return to “Instruments”