Difference between Antonine Courtois 420 models?

ttf_watermailonman

Post by ttf_watermailonman »

Hi! I wonder if anyone knows the differences between a 420BO "Challenge" and the 420BO "Challange II". I can not se any visible differences. I do suspect there was an upgrade of some sort or is it just marketing?

I know it is now upgraded again and to the name 420BO "Legend". What happened then is still on their page, but what happned between the first upgrade is hard to find.

Anyone knows when the first 420BO "Challange" model came? When did they upgrade to "Challange" II?

Any French players on this forum?

/Tom
ttf_watermailonman

Okay, NO reply to this thread.

What I've learned up until now, is it was made to "challange" the Bach 42 at a time when the Bach had problems with quality and it was designed by Michaël Biquet. I'm now requesting ANY information about the horn.

When were they made?

I do know the Antonine Cotouis did came late to the U.S, so probably there are not many trombones sold to U.S, not from the first version of the "Challenger". The great break through with the brand came with the 420 "Legend". A lot of professionals play this model. All over the world  Image

I tried one of those 420 "Legends" with a Hagmann-valve this summer. It blow very open. It was a very good horn. The old version the 420BO I have is also good, and I'm very impressed by it.

Any French players around the forum?

/Tom

ttf_watermailonman

Sorry! Double post. Image
ttf_watermailonman

Thank's! After reading these threads I come to the conclusion the difference between a "Challanger I" and a "Challanger II" is the outer slide. The "Challanger I" is nickel silver and the "Challange II" is brass. Both are Bach 42 clones. This is also what it feels like to play this horn. It plays like a good Bach 42. It seams my horn could be built somewere before 2005.

/Tom
ttf_watermailonman

Thank's! After reading these threads I come to the conclusion the difference between a "Challanger I" and a "Challanger II" is the outer slide. The "Challanger I" is nickel silver and the "Challange II" is brass. Both are Bach 42 clones. This is also what it feels like to play this horn. It plays like a good Bach 42. It seams my horn could be built somewere before 2005.

/Tom

Return to “Instruments”