Tuning slide hard to move on Bach 36

ttf_MikeBMiller

Post by ttf_MikeBMiller »

I have a fairly new Bach 36BO which I got on a trade about 6 months ago. I love the way it plays, but the tuning slide is difficult to move. I can remove it and put new grease on and each end moves smoothly when inserted alone. But when I put both sides in, it takes a lot of effort.

Does this indicate an alignment problem with the horn?

Thanks.
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Could be the crook needs adjustment or the alignment of the bell section is off.

Put one side on, slide it all the way in, and check how the other leg compares with the tube it goes in.
ttf_Full Pedal Trombonist

Post by ttf_Full Pedal Trombonist »

A tech should be able to look at your horn and tell you if things are straight and lined up. It may be that the legs on either or both the TS and the bell section are built slightly off.

We’ve all heard about Bach and their build QC. Good parts, but assembly could be gone over.
ttf_Full Pedal Trombonist

Post by ttf_Full Pedal Trombonist »

A tech should be able to look at your horn and tell you if things are straight and lined up. It may be that the legs on either or both the TS and the bell section are built slightly off.

We’ve all heard about Bach and their build QC. Good parts, but assembly could be gone over.

Return to “Repairs, Modifications, and Maintenance”