Slide brace by MKDrawings

ttf_leec

Post by ttf_leec »

I've just ordered one of these and was wondering if anyone has feedback, positive or negative? Positive I hope!  I ordered the 2 and 3/4" version so I can use it on several tenor horns that i have.
OH Dear I'm loosing the plot, I've already posted this question.  Gotta love growing old!
ttf_John Beers Jr.

Post by ttf_John Beers Jr. »

I had the Ralph Sauer Brace from Greenhoe (Seems like pretty much the same product) on my 88HO back in the day to try to keep it from breaking up so much when it was pushed a bit. It seemed to help at the time, but the problem seemed to have gone away by the time that I lost it.

Today, I'm a bit more dubious about putting anything on the slide that may apply bowing pressure and hurt the slide action.

You can probably find more opinions by searching for "Greenhoe brace" or "sauer brace", since it was the topic of a lot of discussion back around 2003 or so.
ttf_John Beers Jr.

Post by ttf_John Beers Jr. »

I had the Ralph Sauer Brace from Greenhoe (Seems like pretty much the same product) on my 88HO back in the day to try to keep it from breaking up so much when it was pushed a bit. It seemed to help at the time, but the problem seemed to have gone away by the time that I lost it.

Today, I'm a bit more dubious about putting anything on the slide that may apply bowing pressure and hurt the slide action.

You can probably find more opinions by searching for "Greenhoe brace" or "sauer brace", since it was the topic of a lot of discussion back around 2003 or so.

Return to “Repairs, Modifications, and Maintenance”