Conn 32h slide repair/replace

ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I’ve got a conn 32h that a really like but there’s a fair amount of wear on the inner slide making it a little slow. It seems like it’s only the .500 bore side that’s the problem. I took it to a guy. He buffed the slide but it’s still just ok. Is it possible to replace the smaller side inner?  Other horns are 500 bore. Is there anything that would fit?  It replating an option?  Expensive?  Anyone have a 32h slide they want to sell? It’s a great sounding horn. Very resonant and the notes seem just a little easier to hit than on my other horns. Would really like To have it playing great.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I’ve got a conn 32h that a really like but there’s a fair amount of wear on the inner slide making it a little slow. It seems like it’s only the .500 bore side that’s the problem. I took it to a guy. He buffed the slide but it’s still just ok. Is it possible to replace the smaller side inner?  Other horns are 500 bore. Is there anything that would fit?  It replating an option?  Expensive?  Anyone have a 32h slide they want to sell? It’s a great sounding horn. Very resonant and the notes seem just a little easier to hit than on my other horns. Would really like To have it playing great.

Return to “Repairs, Modifications, and Maintenance”