New Forum Members!

ttf_normrowe

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_normrowe »

Quote from: sly fox on Sep 23, 2010, 06:47AMwelcome

for the record, I am not acutally related to Sly Stone, nor do I claim any relationship. Image Image

And you probably haven't played him on TV either.
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Also brand new to the forums...and semi-new to the instrument.  I'm originally a flute player but I can't really call myself a true convert or claim to "have seen the light" as I've been utterly fascinated by the trombone since I was little and I've always wanted to play it.  Unfortunately I severely misinterpreted some messages I received in my childhood (like being told I couldn't join the Boy Scouts  Image) and decided for myself that I should probably choose a more "feminine" instrument to commit to or risk getting shot down again.

Sad right?  I don't feel bitter about it but I'd be lying if I said I've never regretted it.  I did have the opportunity to play 3rd trombone in jazz band.  I was hit with the double whammy of learning slide positions and bass clef at once and I wrote numbers over everything.  But other than my illiteracy I actually didn't stink that badly and I definitely saw myself coming back to this instrument some time in the future.  I'm better at reading bass clef now thanks to a general music minor in college and dabbling with electric bass (I think I'm rebelling against my soprano past).  But getting my own instrument wasn't in the picture....until now.

I got a great deal on a lightly used Jupiter JSL-538.  I've been wanting a 'bone of my own since I was 8 and this is all feeling very surreal right now.  I am very much looking forward to developing our new friendship.

Other than that I am 26.  I am married to very supportive and musically talented man.  We do not have children...yet.  In addition to flute and bass, I can also play a variety of folk flutes and whistles and a little ukulele.
ttf_JSBassTrb

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_JSBassTrb »

Welcome! There are plenty of "feminine" players =p
ttf_normrowe

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_normrowe »

Quote from: Kit15 on Oct 13, 2010, 10:02PM Image

Also brand new to the forums...and semi-new to the instrument.  I'm originally a flute player but I can't really call myself a true convert or claim to "have seen the light" as I've been utterly fascinated by the trombone since I was little and I've always wanted to play it.  Unfortunately I severely misinterpreted some messages I received in my childhood (like being told I couldn't join the Boy Scouts  Image) and decided for myself that I should probably choose a more "feminine" instrument to commit to or risk getting shot down again.

Welcome!  Great to have you here.

Quote from: Kit15 on Oct 13, 2010, 10:02PM...  In addition to flute and bass, I can also play a variety of folk flutes and whistles and a little ukulele.

And maybe move up to a medium sized and/or a big ukelele eventually.  Image

Quote from: jewbassboneplayer on Oct 14, 2010, 11:59AMWelcome! There are plenty of "feminine" players =p

Including my wife (who is a member of TTF).
ttf_sdjazz

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_sdjazz »

I have been posting for a week or so, but I should introduce myself.

My name is Skyler X, and I have been playing trombone since about the middle of sixth grade. I take lessons, and am pretty good at classical and jazz. I am currently in the San Diego Youth Symphony Jazz band, playing as second chair last year.

I'm too young for job offers, save them for people who can use them.  Image

ttf_badger

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_badger »

Hello everyone. From my original post on Sept. 30th I have read several post on various subjects and picked up a few tips. I have done a few warm-ups and a little scale work and things feel satisfactory at this point. My main problem is getting into an established routine, a lot of which is just other things going on.
I did pick up a KORG TM - 40( from suggestions on this site ) last week from Amazon and the price could not be beat and it will most likely be a good tool.
I opted to start out on my 2B instead of the 3B, just for the lack of lung capacity having not played for so long. Does one think that is a good idea or not?
Anyway, I will continue to look around on the site, when time allows, and try to get some pointers. I have used the search function, but I am sure there are things missed.
The Purely Politics section in Chit-Chat appears quite lively at times. I am afraid there is already one strike against me being a Texan. I definitely have thoughts on matters, but will have to decide on entry into that realm.
Thanks for the information provided through the post.

ttf_RedHotMama

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Hello Budgie and Badger!

Welcome to the forum! Image

We look forward to hearing from you in any of the sections.

I don't have anything for budgies, but we do have badger badger badger....

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/badgers

Of course, it's always good to have your real names.... Image
ttf_badger

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_badger »

Thanks for the Welcome, RHM.
Quite the interesting and hypnotic video. Could it be that the inspiration for such comes from partaking in a particular type of Mushroom?…just asking. Image
Badger
P.S. Weebles (Weebl) Wobble but they don’t fall down!

ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi all!

I'm brand new to the forum as of a couple days ago.  My name's Marty, and I live in Oshkosh, WI.  I'm a fourth year student at the University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh where I study bass trombone performance.  I own a Getzen 1062 with a rose brass bell, but I play on the school's Benge 290 for the most part.  Image  After graduation I plan to go to school for band instrument repair in Red Wing, MN. 
ttf_sdjazz

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_sdjazz »

Welcome, and good luck!

How are those Getzen slides? I'm considering a Getzen trigger sometime along the line as an upgrade to my Yamaha.

While I'm here, how good are the Getzen thayers?
Anybody?
ttf_djdekok

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_djdekok »

Hi,
I registered a few days ago...so...
My name is Daniel.  I'm a junior in high school on
Long Island and this is my seventh year on tenor trombone. 
I've dabbled on bass, but tenor is really my bread and butter. 

God knows where I'll be on trombone in five years though....
I haven't made up my mind what to do about music. 
ttf_RedHotMama

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Hi Daniel! Image

Welcome to the forum.

Never mind about five years' time. Enjoy yourself now. Image
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi All,

My name is Dale and I'm a trombone addict...oh wait, wrong message board. I have been playing since 4th grade in 1972, and when I figure it out, I'll let you know. Switched to bass bone in HS because it's widely known that bass trombone players get all the girls. Bought a Holton TR181 brand spankin new in 1980 for $1,000, and still have it. When I was in college at Cal Poly Pomona, I talked John Sandhagen into taking it apart and doing an open wrap on it. Cost me $60 in parts and a case of beer...thanks John. After having played it this way for the last 19 years, I have decided that I don't like it and am having Kanstul build me a 1662i, which should be done in a couple of weeks. As far as mouthpieces, I have 2 of the original 6 Marcinkowicz GRs...George gave me one at a Bone's West rehearsal a hundred years or so ago, and my roommate had another that I traded something for. The originals had a different blank with more mass than the later ones, and I like it a lot.

I now spend my days yelling at kids, which is always fun, and truly beats working for a living.
ttf_BGuttman

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Hi Dale, and Welcome!

I guess you missed the 12-step board Image

One day at a time.

And now you have a week to rest from yelling at the kids (I hope).
ttf_sdjazz

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_sdjazz »

Hooray! Someone else from good old CA. Image Image Image
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi Everyone! I wanted to introduce myself to you.

Hi! My names is....
What? My name is....
Who? Myname is....

SlimSlidey
ttf_normrowe

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_normrowe »

Hi, Slim!

Your welcome . . .
You're wellcomm . . .
You are welcome hear . . .

Nice to have you!!!
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hello, I'm new here .... and French (this is the trouble begins for me), first I ask you to forgive my rough language.
 About me: Richard, I am 39 years old and I just start playing the trombone for a few months after six years of blackout. I play mainly in brass section: funk, rnb, pop and reggae music but in the past I also played in classical orchestras, brass bands etc. ..... I like all kinds of music (both they are well made, all music is good right?)
 I just sold my Martin Urbie Green, but someone well known to all (DJ Kennedy) will help me find the trombone of my dreams!
 I am happy to read topics within this forum, it helps me and opens my mind because in France we do not have much choice, so I'm learning here ...
 Thank you for reading! Hello  Image to everyone from Amiens in France
ttf_RedHotMama

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Hello Richard! Image

Another European - excellent! Welcome to the forum.

You just can't go wrong with DJ - good choice. Image
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi, I'm new to the forums.
My name is Stefan, and I'm from the Netherlands.
I've been playing the trumpet for about 13 years now.
Our local band has a serious lack of low register instruments (we have precisely ONE euphonium), and as a result can't play any good music. Because of that people quit playing. It would turn into a loop with the endresult being not having the band anymore. I decided to start playing the trombone to make sure we won't lose the entire band, while still playing the trumpet in other bands.

I bought a cheap valve trombone with a mouthpiece that only partly fits... My guess is that it's a euphonium mouthpiece. Anyway, I'll see how it goes.
I read that you people read the music in the key of C while the ting is tuned exacly one octave below a Bb trumpet. Since I don't have anything except my trumpet sheets, I'll be learing to play it in Bb first, to make the transition easier.

That's pretty much everything about me and why I'm here...
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I play a number of instruments not so well, but I have fun. Image
I recently picked up a Conn 71H bass trombone and am enjoying the low end.
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

HI I am new to the forum, I joined earlier this week. My name is Mary and I am currently pursing a music performance degree at the Metropolitan State College of Denver. Trombone is my life, although I spend some time with the piano. I am very excited to be a part of this forum!
ttf_normrowe

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_normrowe »

Glad to have you here, Mary!  There are a lot of people here you can learn from and a lot of people who will be happy to learn from you.  Enjoy!!!
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi everyone.  I've been using this site quite a lot lately as a resource for getting back into trombone and I thought its time for me to post and introduce myself.  My name is Zach and I played trombone throughout my last year in middle school through my first year in college.  I hadn't played for a few years up until the last few months, and now I am working on progressing my playing back to where I was before.  I'm also currently in the market for a horn, as I sold my 88h to help pay for school (Doh), but I'll be looking for a small bore jazz horn as my preference was playing lead in our jazz band opposed to wind ensemble/classical playing.

Anyways, I've greatly appreciated the knowledge present in this forum and I look forward to learning more.
Thanks!
ttf_normrowe

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_normrowe »

Welcome to TTF, Zach.  There are sources here for locating instruments, both new and used, and lots of opinions on all of them!
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi.

I'm Andreas and i have been around for some time but not introduced myself until now...
I'm a freelance trombonist, composer, arranger, conductor etc. living in Stockholm - Sweden.
I play mostly commercial/jazz but when i get the opportunity i play whatever comes in my way.
I play mostly tenor (started out on euphonium) but i recently started doubling on basstrombone (bad timing with a nine-month old son - don't get enough practicetime)

So now you know a little bout me. You may get some more in the posts that might come from now on. Image
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Greetings fellow boneheads.  Michael Joyce checking in.  I used to post back in the early days when this place was the "trombone list" and happened back upon this site while doing a google search for something not directly related to tromboning.  I've poked around a bit in the site and know some of the members or have at least made the acquaintance of a few (Hey, Tom M.!).

I've been playing full time since the late 70s and have performed in every milieu one can think of.  Started off being legit trained, drifted into commercial playing, drifted back into legit playing and drifted into doubling with much of my work being in the theater pits of Chicagoland for last 15 or so years.

It has been an interesting journey to say the least.  I got into the business because I love playing with great players and it has been a distinct pleasure and honour to have done so and, with any luck, to remain doing so.

Cheers senza sordino!

ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hey,
My name is Chris, I'm a senior in high school, and I've been playing trombone for 7 years now. I also play euphonium, tuba, and trumpet when it's needed. Pretty much just preparing for music in college now. Image As far as my instruments:
Trombones:
-Bach Stradivarius 42BO
-Vintage King 3B
-Yamaha YSL-342 (pep band beater horn)
Trumpets:
-Kohlert Bb student (needs to be replaced before college...)
-Getzen G soprano bugle (old DCI horn from the mid '70s)
-JW Pepper imported no name cornet (really old, still plays though)
Euphonium:
-None at the moment, although I currently play mostly on our school's Besson 700. Planning on getting a cheap student horn for myself so I can at least have one around. Don't have a tuba either, although I don't really need one since I rarely perform on anything either than Sousaphone.
ttf_JSBassTrb

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_JSBassTrb »

Welcome Swass  Image
ttf_RedHotMama

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

I'm sorry to be a bit late, but welcome to all you new members. Image

I hope to see you posting all over the place. Image
ttf_arynearson

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_arynearson »

My turn.

The short version: I play everything, started on trombone some 17 years ago, picked up a lot of others along the way, but still end up coming back to bone.

The long version:

My name is Aaron. I started my musical career in 5th grade playing a brand new shiny Bach student model that my parents bought through a local shop. A couple years later, my school bought some new tubas (after only having old beater sousaphones available) so I started playing tuba. I then became interested in a huge mysterious case in the upper reaches of the instrument storage room, it tured out to be a contra-alto clarinet, thus beginning my tinkering with woodwinds. Started playing oboe in 8th grade, we had plenty of trombones, and got another tuba player, so I wanted to try something a little different... High school comes around, and I was in a unique position of being at a school that had about 30 unique brass instruments donated to the school by a long time instrument collector. There was trumpets in various keys, mellophones of different shapes and sizes, a King tromboniunm, and the Conn large bore counterpart. Through high school, I played oboe and/or clarinet in orchestra, and whatever we happened to need for bands, usually bone in jazz band, tuba for marching, and usually some woodwind or tuba in concert band. I was in regional honor bands on oboe, contra, and soprano clarinets. Played oboe in the local Philharmonic's youth orchestra for 3 years. All state band on contra clarinet, and 1st place finish in the state solo contest on tuba. I also played in a local community concert band all through middle school and high school, trombone, bass/contra clarinet, mellophone, and I think even alto clarinet at one point.

Somewhere along the way, I also tinkered with saxes and flutes, so by the time I was out of high school, I could pick up nearly any wind instrument and play it reasonably well, at least enough to fit in anywhere in a typical community concert band.

I went to a small community college, after having joined the college's symphony and jazz band my senior year of high school (got release from high school after lunch to attend college classes aka jazz band as a dual-enrollemnt deal)

College was much like high school, being a very small music department with only about 15 inbstrumental students, I played in a variety of groups and instruments. I ended up playing way too much music in college, so the homework for the other classes suffered, my GPA dropped, and my scholarship went away, so ending my college career.

After failing out of college, I auditioned for the USMC band program on clarinet, and made it in easily. I dropped out of boot camp as well due to medical problems. After that, I hung around the college town and continued playing in the various groups, but not formally as a college student. A couple years later, I decided on a change of scenery and moved about 400 miles away to a larger metro are (Salt Lake City) and played in several orchestras and bands there.

I'm back home now, 5 years or so after my time in the 'big city' and back playing in the community/college symphony I first joined in high school. All told, I've been in the symphony for 11 years now, minus the couple of years I was out of the area. I started out there as tuba, then went to bass trombone, then principal oboe before I moved away. When I came back, I was back in the trombone section, and have been either principal or bass bone depending on what the needs of the orchestra are and what other trombone players we have around. I'm also the Engligh horn player, as I have been since the college purchased the english horn 10 years ago. Currently, I'm the only trombone, and doubleing on English horn. Primarily taking care of 3rd parts, but I usually have a bass and tenor bone on hand so I can squeak out some high parts when needed.
ttf_datguy

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_datguy »

Aaron,
 I am just one of many people who have said to you the
equivalent of, "...dude you are intriguing..."

Welcome to the forum and the very best to you as
you determine what your path in this life is to be.
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hello everyone, have been a member here for some years, but havent been posting, just reading. Image
Maby a little bit more posts here from me now on, we´ll see!

About me:

Freelance Trombone player, live in Stockholm, Sweden.
Play mostly jazz, often leans towards more free jazz, or in that direction anyway, but I also do other stuff,
horn section gigs, theater, blues, and many more things. No classical stuff though.
Right now I play mostly on my Connstellation 48H, but also Holton 69, Conn 79H.
Other horns I own: King 3B, Holton 65, King 2B, Olds Special.

/Mats
ttf_RedHotMama

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Hello Mats! Image

I hope you will start to post here - it would be great to have some more input from the European side of the ocean!
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi

My name is Gabe. I'm a senior in high school. I play the trombone and the tuba. I plan to attend VanderCook College of Music majoring on the trombone. I've been playing since september and have been putting in the practice hours to be on par with the other trombone players. I play the tuba for concert band and trombone in jazz band.
ttf_normrowe

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_normrowe »

Welcome, Gabe.  You can get lots of help and encouragement here and we'll be looking forward to your input on things.  Best of luck with VanderCook!
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi i'm new here. I play trombone in the jazz band and symphonic band in high school. I am a freshman. I am going to be in wind ensemble next year, the highest band. I am also in marching band playing the sousaphone. Currently i am in the musical pit for our upcoming musical, Back To The 80's. Also, I play sousaphone in Rhythmic Theater (look up BLAST if you dont know). I've been playing trombone for 1 and a half years now aand i have made big, big progress... My trombone teacher is Bill Tole, leader of the Jimmy Dorsey Orchestra. I also plan on going to Berklee College of Music. And that's about it Image  Image
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi All  Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member and figured this was the section to do so.  I'm in the process of buying a Vbone - probably from one of our members, and look forward to learning the horn and having fun with it.  I also look forward to belonging to this forum and getting all the great knowledge and advice that is obviously available here both through the posts and from other members.  If anyone has any advice on V bones they can share I'd appreciate it.  I have started playing trumpet already and figured the V bone is a natural extension of that but with the deeper and fuller voice I like. I also play guitar and sing all by ear.  I have fun mostly with friends and doing a few gigs.  Don't take it too seriously but want to become half decent on the horns.

Cheers, Randy
ttf_BGuttman

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Hi, and Welcome. Image

You must have missed this thread:

http://tromboneforum.org/index.php/topic,5758.0.html

It's where we have everbody check in and introduce yourself.

But don't just put this post in there again!  We have a rule against double posts.  If you want, send me a PM and I'll merge your post in there.  Or we'll just let this sit.

Meanwhile, do a search in the Instruments section.  We have a LOT of discussion about valve trombones.  And some people who seem to like to bash them.  Ignore the bashers.  Read the posts discussing which instruments are good and which are not. 

You have a lot of options. 

You can get a valve instrument shaped like a slide trombone; often with the ability to buy a slide section for it.

You can buy a Bass Trumpet.  Similar length to a trombone, but a little more strident (like a trumpet).

You can buy a Marching Trombone.  This is shaped like a trumpet but with larger valves.  Or a 3-valve Bb tenor bugle.  Or a Marching Euphonium.

Big issue for valve trombones is the valve bore is generally pretty small; you want to find one of the larger ones to sound your best.

Good luck with your search and have fun.
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi everyone. My name is Nick and I am a bass trombonist from Central Florida. I have been playing trombone since 1999 and switched to bass trombone in 2007 when I started college. I have performed in concert bands, jazz bands, and brass ensembles at Valencia Community College and Rollins College. I was also bass trombonist last season for the Youth Brass Band of Central Florida last season and marched Drum Corps in the summers of 2005 and 2006 with Teal Sound on Euphonium and 2008 with the Glassmen on Baritone. I lived in Gainesville for a little bit where I playing trombone in the University of Florida Concert Band and Basketball Pep Band as well as Sousaphone in the marching band. I am now back in Orlando taking a break from school til the fall but looking into Rollins, Stetson, Florida Southern, and Lynn University. In the past I have studied with Charlie Boston, Brad Hudson, Roy Pickering, and Gail Robertson.

Bass: Holton TR 185 (I am currently in the market for a Getzen 1052 or a Yamaha YBL 830)
Tenor: Yamaha YSL 448G
Euphonium: Yamaha YEP 321
ttf_normrowe

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_normrowe »

Welcome to the Forum, Nick.  Great to have you here.  Hope you enjoy the discussions here, learn some things, and share your knowledge and experiences with us.
ttf_Rob Earhart

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_Rob Earhart »

My name is Rob Earhart, I am a freshman in high school. I play a Yamaha YSL-548 GOAl horn. I march baritone in the summer. I love DCI!
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi Rob! Where do you march?
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hey I'm a new Member to this site, I got so many answers here, I figured I should sign up. there by here I am. Little background, I'm a high schooler starting to go to college, I have two trombones, a intermediate Yamaha, whom I call Bill and a beginner trombone I call Ethel. All in all, I've been the only trombonist at my highschool for two and a half school years, as well as the only improv artist in the jazz band.. ( I got a lot of solos) that's about it for me!
ttf_normrowe

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_normrowe »

Welcome, Bill.  Good to have you!  We'll be looking forward to learning more about you, how you're progressing, and hearing what you have to add to the various discussions here.
ttf_FPCSoloist

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_FPCSoloist »

Hi, I am Stephen Slone of the FPC band in Flagler Palm Coast Florida and play Euphonium, French Horn, and my pride and joy Trombone. I strive to be the best while being (hopefully) fair and quite agreeable. I've come to this website to improve on select skills such as secrets that pros use and general tips on trombone playing. I am currently learning Korsakov's trombone Concerto for solo next year along with Lars Erik Larrson's Trombone Solo. The biggest thing I have come here for is tips on jazz improvs and how to create them and NOT sound groggy in my guessing of notes. If anyone has tips I am open to any suggestions  Image
ttf_Sn4zzle

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_Sn4zzle »

Why hello there fellow bones. I am Sn4zzle and have been playing trombone five years. I practice a lot, love when marching season comes around because I get to blow judges away in marching season, and enjoy music in every aspect. I think it is the coolest thing ever created, the way music works, the sounds we can make, the power that music gives people. I have a King and a Bach Strad. trombone. I am still in highschool and want to major in musical engineering one day, not sure where I would want to go though. Image
ttf_RedHotMama

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Hi, Stephen and Tyler! Image

I see you're both already posting, so I don't need to encourage you in that department, so I'll just say welcome to the forum. Hope to see lots more of you in the future!

ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hello people.Image
I'm a 17 year old trombonist from Sydney by the name of Edward. I still attend high school, and have been playing for about 4 years. I'm currently doing my AMEB Grade 8 exam, and am a member of various community bands. I enjoy every genre of music from death metal to Chopin.
I own a 1971 King 3B whom I named Dorothy-Anne, because I found it was funny.
I look forward to being a member of this forum. It feels nice to be around trombone enthusiasts, reminding me that i'm not the only one that thinks the trombone is the best instrument in the world.

Oh, and my two favourite trombonists are Jack Teagarden and Christian Lindberg.Image
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi everyone! I actually have been on this forum for a while and happened to just come across this thread.

My name is Jasper and I play the bass trombone. I'm from Singapore and I turn 18 this year. I've been playing trombone since 2002 when I was 9. I picked up a small bore in the school brass band. As the years past I started moving to larger equipment, large bore in 2004 and bass trombone in 2007. I now study under Fredi Sonderegger of the Singapore Symphony  Orchestra in a local arts institution. I'm currently playing actively in orchestras, wind bands, a brass band and a trombone ensemble. I play on a Kühnl & Hoyer "Orchestra Signature" Bass Trombone (9.8" bell, .562" slide and in-line Meinlschmidt "Open Flow" valves. All in yellow brass with nickel trim). The mouthpiece I currently use is a Schilke Symphony D6.0. I've been learning loads from this forum and I hope to learn more!

Cheers!

Return to “Chit-Chat”