Scam/Theft?

ttf_anonymous

Scam/Theft?

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi, I recently purchased a gig bag through a person via MoneyGram. After paying the money plus the ridiculous transfer fee, I was then told later through the week that I would have to pay another $300 to ensure the gig bag was sent to me safely. He says it's been shipped already, and I need to pay to ensure it's arrival. I refused, saying that I wasn't paying another $300 for something that I had already paid for. We made a deal, agreed on said deal, and it should have been the end of that. This person is either a member on here, or just found my ad through looking on here. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I'm sure I need to file a claim with MoneyGram, but if he's supposedly shipped it already, what can I do? All experiences and info would be super helpful!
ttf_MrPillow

Scam/Theft?

Post by ttf_MrPillow »

Get your money back, if you can. There was probably never a gig bag to begin with.
ttf_gregs70

Scam/Theft?

Post by ttf_gregs70 »

Yep, smells like a scam.  Try and get your money back, but odds are that won't happen.  Any more money sent would probablyt be more money wasted.
ttf_slide advantage

Scam/Theft?

Post by ttf_slide advantage »

Sucks. Sorry that it happened to you  Image
ttf_anonymous

Scam/Theft?

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I have his name, his wife's name, and their home address, is there any way I can file a police report?
ttf_Dan Hine

Scam/Theft?

Post by ttf_Dan Hine »

Quote from: JHungate96 on Mar 28, 2017, 06:18PMI have his name, his wife's name, and their home address, is there any way I can file a police report?

Odds are good that all that information is fake or not related to the person who actually has your money.
ttf_slide advantage

Scam/Theft?

Quote from: JHungate96 on Mar 28, 2017, 06:18PMI have his name, his wife's name, and their home address, is there any way I can file a police report?

I would look into it. It is wire fraud.
ttf_slide advantage

Scam/Theft?

I would look into it. It is wire fraud.

Return to “Chit-Chat”