Uluru by Google

ttf_Graham Martin

Uluru by Google

Post by ttf_Graham Martin »

I am a bit of a fan of Google's maps and street views. They are really good for keeping your eye on places you have lived and for looking up friend's abodes etc. But I had not seen that they could be such a good promotion for tourism. Now Google have come up with a street-view of Uluru* that allows visitors to 'experience all its wonder' without violating culture. Image

https://storyspheres.com/uluru/

It really is an iconic Australian landmark, so come on down! Image

P.S. * It used to be called Ayers Rock when I first came to Australia in the 60s but you hardly ever hear that name these days, people preferring to respect the traditional owners.
ttf_robcat2075

Uluru by Google

Post by ttf_robcat2075 »

Quote from: Graham Martin on Jun 07, 2017, 04:28PMP.S. * It used to be called Ayers Rock when I first came to Australia in the 60s but you hardly ever hear that name these days, people preferring to respect the traditional owners.

We used to have something called Mt. McKinley in Alaska.

I think outside of Australia, where the literature isn't updated as thoroughly, we're still mostly saying "Ayers Rock".
ttf_robcat2075

Uluru by Google

Post by ttf_robcat2075 »

Quote from: Graham Martin on Jun 07, 2017, 04:28PMP.S. * It used to be called Ayers Rock when I first came to Australia in the 60s but you hardly ever hear that name these days, people preferring to respect the traditional owners.

We used to have something called Mt. McKinley in Alaska.

I think outside of Australia, where the literature isn't updated as thoroughly, we're still mostly saying "Ayers Rock".

Return to “Chit-Chat”