FS: 2016 Thein Universal II Tenor with Hagmann & kruspe style screw-bell

ttf_20Posaunen

Post by ttf_20Posaunen »

I'm posting this to see if anyone is interested in buying my Thein Universal II tenor trombone.  This is their new "American style" design, but still made with the very best German craftsmanship and techniques.  I bought it new in March 2016, so it's less than a year old and in fantastic condition.
It has a super-quick Hagmann valve that blows & responds extremely evenly between the F & Bb sides.  It also has the optional kruspe style bell with a kranz on the flare and the optional 2-piece screw-bell.  The tuning slide also has the beautiful Bel Canto style counterweight, which is used on Peter Steiner's Bel Canto model.  It adds more solid core to balance out the colorful sound. 

This instrument is unbelievably responsive, vibrant, and expressive - really a joy to play!  In my opinion, the sound colors available, the balanced & even blow, and the articulation response are second to none.  This horn is killer.  I've had no trouble blending with American instruments in the orchestra or in trombone ensembles and I've found that this instrument especially shines in solo and chamber music.  The response is truly instantaneous and plays evenly on every single note across the instrument; high, middle, low - you name it.  I had the slide doctored up slightly after purchasing it and the action is now basically perfect.  You could NOT possibly be disappointed in the action - very smooth & fast. 
I bought a black Marcus Bonna cut-bell case for it, which is the same size as a viola case!  It's extremely convenient. 

Website info:
http://thein-blechblasinstrumente.de/07-19-universal1.php
http://thein-blechblasinstrumente.de/07-193-belcanto.php
Photos:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzLCOasJTOmYcUNlNV9aTXZmREE

I'd want $6000 for it with the like-new case.  That's significantly discounted from what I paid, believe it or not.  The best doesn't come cheap!  If you've want to buy one of these, this might be a great opportunity to get an almost new horn at a discount.

I'll probably regret selling it, but I still want to see if anyone is interested.  The only reason I'm thinking of selling this horn is because I actually have two amazing tenors right now and I really want to fund a new M&W Custom bass trombone.

Please contact me via EMAIL at the following address with inquiries:
20Posaunen
@
Gmail
.com

Thanks!
Daniel
ttf_20Posaunen

Post by ttf_20Posaunen »

I have officially decided to sell this beauty!  If you know anyone who really liked these horns at a conference (or otherwise), please pass the link forward. 

I could also be interested in a trade plus cash for a Shires, Thein, or Marcus Leuchter alto trombone in excellent condition.

For clarification, I'm looking for $6000, CONUS shipping included, for the horn and a like-new Marcus Bonna screw-bell case.  I will sell & ship internationally if necessary.

Potential buyers or those who know one please email me:
20posaunen
@
Gmail
.com

Thanks!

ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I have a Thein universal II also! Not interested in buying but was wondering, what does your Bell do to the sound or response etc. how different is it than the rose brass for instance?
ttf_20Posaunen

Post by ttf_20Posaunen »

I have only tried the Kruspe style bell flare with small garland and the yellow brass, soldered French bead bell flare, so I can only guess the characteristics of the gold brass flare.   If you are actually asking about a non-screw bell versus my screw bell, I would say that the extra weight of the screw ring is part of this bell design and that it plays extremely well - actually on the vibrant side, not overly compact, but with a nice density to balance the vibrancy. The whole horn resonates like crazy.  I have not tried a standard non-screw bell.  The Kruspe flare has a lot of color and a very rich sound that is easily manipulated.  Max Thein describes it as a "more singing" sound than the other flares and also said the kranz helps keep the sound under control for that Kruspe style construction and very light weight.  The yellow flare has a more consistent sound and articulation spectrum, but still plays very vibrantly and is especially clear.  I'd say they're both clear in sound and are very resonant and thin/light in construction. 
The horn in general has a larger Bach-ish blow and breadth of tone, so it's really nice to have the amazing colors of the Kruspe-style flare and the greatly improved response that Thein offers.  It's really a super-Bach design with the best characteristics of German instruments integrated into the construction/design, plus the added convenience of the viola-sized screw bell case. 

Tell all your friends who love your horn about this ad, please! 
Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.
ttf_20Posaunen

Post by ttf_20Posaunen »

This beautiful Thein is still available for sale!

I'll consider trades (possibly + $) for:
- Shires alto
- Thein alto
- Greenhoe Custom trombones (tenor or bass) or nice Greenhoe/Bach 50 (or sim)
- M&W Custom Bass Trombone (doubt anyone would get rid of this!)
- Professional level compensating 4-valve Euphonium
- Perhaps a 4+ seat automobile with under 70k miles...

ttf_20Posaunen

Post by ttf_20Posaunen »

Still available - I can bring it to ATW this week if there is someone interested in buying it in person.

ttf_20Posaunen

Post by ttf_20Posaunen »

Bump.
I'm still accepting offers!
ttf_20Posaunen

Post by ttf_20Posaunen »

Bump - lots of interest, but no buyer yet!
ttf_mark fellows

Post by ttf_mark fellows »

email me with your phone number
[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

Return to “Classified Advertisements”