WTT/FS: 1993 Schmelzer Model 1

ttf_Trombone Sam

Post by ttf_Trombone Sam »

Hey friends! I'm testing the waters with trading/selling my beloved Schmelzer Model 1. I recently picked up an old 3B and not only have I been told I sound more comfortable and open overall, I feel those things in my playing as well. It's only been a few weeks, but I've tried to go back and forth a few times, and while my results have been consistent with how I felt and sounded in the past, my experience is just not as comfortable on the Schmelzer as I am on the new horn.

The slide on the Schmelzer feels like a dream; it's honestly the best slide I've ever played. With that said, there are two ~1mm diameter spots of plating wear on opposite sides one of the inners, the other inner is 100%. I don't feel any bumps at all and I've used both SuperSlick and Yamaha lube (at seperate times). I had the slide aligned and adjusted by Freddy at Dillon Music maybe four months ago. There are a few tiny little dings in the bell but you can barely notice them. The tuning slide is free of dents. I think the previous owner used a silver polishing cloth on the gold at one point, because there are some swirl marks, but as you can see it still glistens. Because these horns are custom, they typically don't have serial numbers, but since mine is an early model it has one. I actually emailed Manfred about it and he was able to tell me that the horn was made in 1993. The whole thing is gold plated unlike some of the modern ones where the slides, braces, or some small parts weren't plated. The only places with plating loss are where your thumb rests on the bell brace, and on the hand grip for the slide, other than that it's totally intact.

For trades, I'd be interested in a small bore Shires (.500/.508), a 3B Silver Sonic, or a 2B Silver Sonic/Silver Tone. We could always discuss cash on either end depending on what you have.

If you don't want to trade but have cash, send me an offer, the worst I can say is no.

I prefer a local-ish meetup, so if you're anywhere between NYC and DC we can probably figure something out, as I'm in Philly.

More pictures are available if you want them, I just don't have the time to post them right now. The one below is me playing the Schmelzer about a month ago.

ttf_Trombone Sam

Some more pictures of the horn:

Excuse the quality of the photos since all I had was a cell phone, but let me know if you want to see any other specific shots. It's still available!
ttf_Trombone Sam

Horn is on hold until further notice.
ttf_Trombone Sam

The horn is no longer on hold, send me offers! I'm listen to anything!
ttf_Trombone Sam

Asking price reduced to $2200 OBO.
ttf_Trombone Sam

Price reduced to $2000! Comes with original case!
ttf_Trombone Sam

Horn needs to sell! $1900 OBO, CONUS shipping included!!
ttf_Trombone Sam

Okay guys, final price lowering to $1800 CONUS shipping included. If it doesn't sell within a week it goes on ebay. Case included.
ttf_dj kennedy

Post by ttf_dj kennedy »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
ttf_Trombone Sam

I can't bring myself to list it on ebay. $1700 shipped TTF special. Please buy this horn!
ttf_Trombone Sam

Okay I lied. I sucked it up and did it. Happy bidding!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162491831717

Return to “Classified Advertisements”