Getting Around the Website

Important Trombone Chat information starts here.
tbarrett

Getting Around the Website

Post by tbarrett »

Hello all, very eager to become more active in the trombone community. I have looked at some articles online for a few years but yesterday was my first day registering. However, I'm having some struggles working my way around the site. I see in the FAQ there is mention of a search tool to browse the forum but I can't find it anywhere, I also am not sure how to access things like private messages as it says I am not permitted, and I don't have the ability to change my username or email, it just says to enter my password to do it and then it says approved and goes back to the screen. I also have had to wait to get all posts approved (no problem at all for me) but it says it's due to not being a full member but I think I met the qualifications. Any tips for the people who have been on this site a while is much appreciated and apologies for any inconvenience. Thanks!
Matt K
Verified

Re: Getting Around the Website

Post by Matt K »

You need one more post to be approved and you should be a full member and I believe all of the things you’ve mentioned will be solved. If you make one more post that gets approved and it does not, feel free to message me and I’ll get you sorted out
tbarrett

Post by tbarrett »

Matt K wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:22 pm You need one more post to be approved and you should be a full member and I believe all of the things you’ve mentioned will be solved. If you make one more post that gets approved and it does not, feel free to message me and I’ll get you sorted out
Alright, thank you for your swift and helpful reply.
Whyemkay

Post by Whyemkay »

Matt K wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:22 pm You need one more post to be approved and you should be a full member and I believe all of the things you’ve mentioned will be solved. If you make one more post that gets approved and it does not, feel free to message me and I’ll get you sorted out
Does a reply like this count towards one of the approved posts required to become a full member?
Golfinn

Post by Golfinn »

Thanks for that question, I’ve been looking all over for the search box!
lowbrassbob

Post by lowbrassbob »

I've been looking for the search function, too. Hopefully this post solves the issue.
KWatson51

Post by KWatson51 »

New here also,
Stumbled across a comment that indicated that one must have 2 posts to enable the search function. I’m hoping this one counts as one of those.
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

KWatson51 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:13 pm New here also,
Stumbled across a comment that indicated that one must have 2 posts to enable the search function. I’m hoping this one counts as one of those.
Actually, you now need 3. 2 wasn't enough to discourage the 'bots.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
KWatson51

Post by KWatson51 »

Thanks Bruce. Is that stated anywhere? I didn’t see that in the regs.
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

It’s in the first sticky in news and announcements. I’ve updated the language in a bunch of places but I must have missed something very obvious because it’s a pretty common question. If you see references to two, let me know where so I can update it correctly.
cmcslide

Post by cmcslide »

Check the rules that appear above all of the classified ads
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

Aha!!! Thanks for pointing that out I’ll change that now!
Golfinn

Post by Golfinn »

Helpful, thanks!

Return to “News & Announcements”