FS: Accent Artist Series TB959DB Trombone (Dallas Brass Model)

ttf_Hammer

Post by ttf_Hammer »

I have had this Accent Artist Series TB959DB Trombone since my senior year in high school, and I was the original owner. I played it straight into undergrad as a music education major for 4 years, and 1 more year after graduation gigging around. There is nothing wrong with this horn, and the only reason I am letting it go is because I upgraded to a B&S trombone about 3 years ago. It has been sitting since then.

The student Accent instruments are made in China, but the upper end models are made in Germany by Meinl. This model used to be called the Dallas Brass Model because Micheal Levine of Dallas Brass worked with Accent to make a professional trombone that would be set at a very fair price for the public. The rest of the quintet played Accent instruments as well. A few years ago when attending the NYSSMA Conference, I saw one of the their shows and asked Levine about the horn. He said that he loved it, had no intonation problems with it, and enjoyed working with Accent on the horn. However, by that time, Dallas Brass was no longer affiliated with Accent, making the name of this trombone Accent Artist Series Model TB959DB. Some of the other guys chimed in and said they were looking at other collaboration projects. A few years after that encounter, Accent discontinued this model, and it cannot be found anywhere on their website.

This horn has a wonderful tone and response. It also slots really well. Even though this has a rotary valve with an open wrap, it is very free blowing. Blending with others is also easy to do with this horn, while also having a great soloist sound. And if you ever need to belt out Pines-of-Rome-style, this horn can easily deliver. Fellow bone players, including professionals, say this horn is a great intermediate/professional horn.; it was always funny seeing people's skeptical looks before they tried it, and then seeing them surprised as soon as they played it. I was always told that it played somewhere in between a Bach 42 and Conn 88H. And I have played in all kinds of settings with it, including combos, underground ska shows, big bands, wind ensembles, and orchestras.

The serial number is ULW3E, 36819 (there are two sets of numbers). The slide action right now un-lubed is an 8 out of 10, but in its prime it was a 10 out of 10. In my senior year of undergrad while playing in my school's pep band, I tried saving a flying music stand from hitting my friend while playing in front of me. I succeeded, but my slide flew out to the bleachers. Luckily a friend ninja-grabbed it while he was playing before it went all the way down. The outer slide was dented, but I did have it fixed by a reputable repairman, and it never gave me a problem. Since then, I have put on slide protectors just in case. The F-attachment right now is very "sticky," but in its prime it moved just fine. Since it has been sitting for about 3 years, I would say a cleaning and maybe a slide alignment is needed. Some lacquer has worn off where the shoulder touches the horn, on one of the tubes going into the F-attachment, and on the F-attachment tuning slide, but this does not affect how the horn plays. The bell section has some minor dings, but there are no major dents on this horn. There are also various little scratches throughout.

The case is not the original one, but it was new from another horn I bought 3 years ago, and it has not left my house since, so it is in wonderful condition, with working zippers.

$900, plus shipping to CONUS or international people. Feel free to ask me any questions. If you live near me (Monticello, NY), then we can work out you trying it out before you buy, and save on shipping costs.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d3fsbbtjztxlxnw/AABp-IS20E2JVaVrWmC1xFtsa?dl=0
ttf_Hammer

Post by ttf_Hammer »

The horn is still available. Now it's $800, plus shipping to CONUS or international. Feel free to ask any questions. I got a nice big sturdy box ready to ship it in.
ttf_Hammer

Post by ttf_Hammer »

The horn is still available. It's going on eBay within 2 days. If a forum wants it though, I'll still it you, as long as the auction has no bids.

Return to “Classified Advertisements”