Hetman is still in Business

Mamaposaune

Hetman is still in Business

Post by Mamaposaune »

In reaction to the recent thread, I just wanted to help Joe Hetman set the record straight.
I know Joe, and cross paths with him several times a year. I talked with him after a concert in Princeton last night, and asked him directly about the rumors. My husband was standing right there and will vouch for what I heard - Joe assured us that he is still in business, but has been having supply chain issues. Once those are resolved, his products will be available again, just as they were before.
He stated that he has heard the same rumors (someone had even been surprised to see him, because they thought he had died!) and wondered where they were coming from.
I know you have to take my word for it, but I did assure him that I would do what I could to set the record straight. I'm sure he would appreciate any help from the TC members!
tbonesullivan

Re: Hetman is still in Business

Post by tbonesullivan »

That is good to hear. Hopefully his supply chain issues can be resolved soon. Everything is so global now, and even little things can end up causing ripple effects. Like maybe the company that makes the bottles is still around, but the specific machine that makes the needles is broken and waiting on parts during a parts shortage.
David S. - daveyboy37 from TTF
Bach 39, LT36B, 42BOF & 42T, King 2103 / 3b, Kanstul 1570CR & 1588CR, Yamaha YBL-612 RII, YBL-822G & YBL-830, B&H Eb Tuba, Sterling 1056GHS Euphonium,
Livingston Symphony Orchestra NJ - Trombone
spencercarran

Post by spencercarran »

Big relief. I've been an exclusive Hetman user since... geez, probably about 2005. He makes some good stuff.
ZacharyThornton

Post by ZacharyThornton »

I comforted the person told me Mr Hetman had retired and they had to awkwardly admit they passed on a rumor they heard online as fact. Hopefully he won’t do that anymore. I am glad to hear Hetman is still around and pass along my apologies if you can!
Mamaposaune

Post by Mamaposaune »

Will do Zachary. We are all living and still learning!
ZacharyThornton

Post by ZacharyThornton »

Thank you so much for posting and setting the record straight!

Return to “Maintenance”