OTF Bass Pur-chase

BaronVonBone

OTF Bass Pur-chase

Post by BaronVonBone »

I bought an OE Thayer bass bell section (no markings to show it's an OE Thayer horn though) quite a while back from a guy on the the Online Trombone Forum. Unfortunately all of our commo was on the OTF, so it's gone now, and I don't remember the guy's name. Does anyone have any ideas on how to access those messages (if they still exist)? I don't think my odds are so good on this one, but if you read this, thanks for your time in any case.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BaronVonBone on Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burgerbob

Re: OTF Bass Pur-chase

Post by Burgerbob »

The valves themselves should have markings on the back plate.

As for the messages, I can only assume they are looooong gone.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
BaronVonBone

Post by BaronVonBone »

I mean there are no markings to show it's an OE Thayer make/design bass.

It's a Getzen slide, btw. I'm pretty sure I just bought the bell section, but yeah, it was a long time ago.

I couldn't post the pics until after I posted the message (3rd post), but hopefully the guy's still around and recognizes the horn.
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

The closest thing to a backup we have is the stuff that was publicly available and the script I wrote wasn’t very good (it was one of the first things I programmed) so I didn’t even get all of that unfortunately.

That said, if you post some pictures you might be able to log someone’s memory. You need one more approved post to do so. (Or you can link to an external site)
BaronVonBone

Post by BaronVonBone »

Matt K wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:23 amThe closest thing to a backup we have is the stuff that was publicly available and the script I wrote wasn’t very good (it was one of the first things I programmed) so I didn’t even get all of that unfortunately.

That said, if you post some pictures you might be able to log someone’s memory. You need one more approved post to do so. (Or you can link to an external site)

Done--thanks.

No worries, man. I figured the odds were pretty low that stuff would be both saved and accessible. I just want to get the guy's name, really. I didn't realize until recently that our commo wasn't via email. I've been really happy with the horn over the last ... decade+? ... and I'm trying to kind of get a handle on the history of my favorite instruments.

I'll try an even longer shot under the musicians topic ...

Return to “Instruments”