Anyone with a Bach 4C?

frankgalante

Anyone with a Bach 4C?

Post by frankgalante »

Hi everyone, i wanted to know if someone uses bach 4c small shank mouthpiece, i m looking for a new mp and this one came across my mind, from what i know its supposed to be a big cup shallow mp.
does it actually make high register more accesible while also keeping a good tone?
I never saw one of this mouthpiece and i cant find pictures to know how shallow is. So of anyone can upload a picture or your personal experience i would be greatful.
Thank you :hi:
Burgerbob

Re: Anyone with a Bach 4C?

Post by Burgerbob »

I have one as my backup to my Doug Elliot setup. It's OK, it seems to work better in my 16M than my DE does.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
GabrielRice

Post by GabrielRice »

I had one at one point many years ago when I was doing a little bit of doubling on both bass trumpet and alto trombone. I think I used it on the alto, but the small shank Bach 4 (not 4G) worked better on the bass trumpet, if for no other reason than the rim is much more comfortable for me than the 4C.
frankgalante

Post by frankgalante »

GabrielRice wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:49 am I had one at one point many years ago when I was doing a little bit of doubling on both bass trumpet and alto trombone. I think I used it on the alto, but the small shank Bach 4 (not 4G) worked better on the bass trumpet, if for no other reason than the rim is much more comfortable for me than the 4C.
Thanks, i didnt had the 4 in mind im gonna check that out to see if i can try one somewhere, im 3rd trombone, and im looking for a rather full sound, while also being able to play alto parts. Thank you! 😊
frankgalante

Post by frankgalante »

Burgerbob wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:50 pm I have one as my backup to my Doug Elliot setup. It's OK, it seems to work better in my 16M than my DE does.
Thanks for the answer, is it posible that you can upload a picture of the mp, to see the cup depth mostly, i cant find a single picture anywhere. Thank you :good:
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

It's relatively shallow... Bit of a shouter in some horns
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
psybersonic

Post by psybersonic »

Got one I used on my 3bSS for 30 years. Corp. 4C . Mainly 1st/2nd seat in Brass Band bit of a shouter as Burgerbob said. Bought a recent one to replace it as the outer shank was worn down and was sitting too far into the receiver. Completely different, slightly smaller diameter, rim wider on the chops, less overtones. You just have to flash the cash and find out the hard way. If you need to cut through 4 tubas, 2 euphoniums, 2 baritone horns and be heard, mine worked.
blap73

Post by blap73 »

I have a Bach 4, in gold none the less, basically unused. Tested a few times. Let me know if you are interested. Will certainly let it go for less than a new silver one.

Return to “Mouthpieces”