Default for opening thread

Have an idea for improving the forum? Share it here.
elmsandr

Default for opening thread

Post by elmsandr »

How I use the forum… at the end of my time here, I mark everything as read. The next day, I check all unread, and I open the threads to read them.

Can the default be to go to the first unread message on the topic and have the start from the beginning be the smaller button? I’m usually on my tablet, so the small button on the touchscreen is trickier than the big ol’ link.

Just a thought, maybe I’m the only one that does it this way, but it seems weird to me to click the thread and always start at the top when the system knows where I left off.

Cheers,
Andy
Matt K
Verified

Re: Default for opening thread

Post by Matt K »

I'm not sure I follow, which button are you referring to?
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

elmsandr wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:11 am

Just a thought, maybe I’m the only one that does it this way, but it seems weird to me to click the thread and always start at the top when the system knows where I left off.

Cheers,
Andy
On mobile, you can click the date next to the thread and it will take you to the latest post. This is absent from the desktop/tablet versions of the site for some reason.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
elmsandr

Post by elmsandr »

Nice, but I don’t want latest, either. I want first unread, which is available on that little red icon, I just want to swap the functionality to make it easier for my undexterous fingers.

Cheers,
Andy
elmsandr

Post by elmsandr »

Clicking on the thread takes me to post #1 in each. Clicking on the red boxes takes me to first unread.

E.g. in the 42 corp thread, I see just the last two replies when I click the red box, I start from the beginning when I click the topic.
EE84B7C1-0D47-4AB7-ABBA-353DB98FD339.png
Cheers,
Andy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

Interesting. I had no idea you could do that! Let me see if there's a setting for that anywhere...
brumpone

Post by brumpone »

Tapping the speech bubbles icon on the left edge also takes you to the first unread message in the thread, and is a bigger target than the red indicator. It’s what I do on my phone

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”