Random Trombonist Caught on Film

trombonesLOUDERplease

Random Trombonist Caught on Film

Post by trombonesLOUDERplease »

So, I’m viewing a random YouTube video about steel production in Youngstown, Ohio during World War II. In the opening sequence, a trombonist walks through the middle of a street scene.

Any idea who he is, or what horn is in his case?
IMG_6125.jpeg
IMG_6124.png
IMG_6123.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BGuttman

Re: Random Trombonist Caught on Film

Post by BGuttman »

Dunno. I think that may have been his lunch pail :tongue:
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
dougm

Post by dougm »

It looks like a King case. The old brown cases Liberty models came in. The emblem almost directly below the carrying handle is why I think that. There are two of these cases in my basement.

Doug
trombonesLOUDERplease

Post by trombonesLOUDERplease »

dougm wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:39 am It looks like a King case. The old brown cases Liberty models came in. The emblem almost directly below the carrying handle is why I think that. There are two of these cases in my basement.

Doug
I had the same thought…a King Liberty. Definitely not a lunch pail! Makes sense, given the proximity to the King factory at the time.

Given the heavy tilt of the case, looks like he may have been patient zero suffering from mouthpiecitus.
Ozzlefinch

Post by Ozzlefinch »

Maybe it wasn't a trombone, it was a Chicago typewriter. He was on the way to a "gig" where they played all the "hits" staccato. 😉
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

trombonesLOUDERplease wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:50 am
I had the same thought…a King Liberty. Definitely not a lunch pail! Makes sense, given the proximity to the King factory at the time.

Given the heavy tilt of the case, looks like he may have been patient zero suffering from mouthpiecitus.
Screenshot_20230929_101358_Gallery.jpg
Larry Minick brought his lunch in a violin case, so ...

If it's weighted weird, it's probably just a tommy gun. Don't worry about what's in that case.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “History of the Trombone”