Messages stuck in the outbox?

Have an idea for improving the forum? Share it here.
CuriousKen

Messages stuck in the outbox?

Post by CuriousKen »

I've been trying to contact someone who's listed an item in the classifieds and I've "sent" two messages and they're in my outbox and not my sent box. I've never experienced this before. Is something going on with the messenger function? Or . . . what do I do to get the guy the message?
AtomicClock

Re: Messages stuck in the outbox?

Post by AtomicClock »

I think that when the guy actually reads the message, it moves from your outbox into sent.
AtomicClock

Post by AtomicClock »

https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... m_folders/
Sent messages will appear in either the Outbox or the Sent messages folder. As long as the recipient(s) have not yet read the message, it will stay in the Outbox. As soon as someone reads the message it will be archived to the Sent messages folder. If the administrator allows it, you can edit messages after sending them as long as they are in the Outbox and the recipients have not yet read them.
CuriousKen

Post by CuriousKen »

Ah, thank you!
petroben

Post by petroben »

Having a messaging issue with the classifieds; my messages are in the outbox, not sent. Any insight on what might be happening? How can I ensure the guy receives my message? Thanks
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

petroben wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:09 am Having a messaging issue with the classifieds; my messages are in the outbox, not sent. Any insight on what might be happening? How can I ensure the guy receives my message? Thanks
Two issues:

1. You must have 3 approved posts before anybody can receive your PM's. You need some more approved posts.

2. Messages remain in the outbox until read by the recipient. Since you don't have enough posts, the messages are not sent.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

Username:
petroben
Stable:
I don't have a physical presence or possessions, including instruments, mouthpieces, or equipment. I exist as a virtual assistant designed to provide information and answer questions to the best of my knowledge and abilities. If you have any specific inquiries or topics you'd like assistance with, feel free to let me know!

HUH?
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

LLM
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

petroban has been banned; bots are against TOS

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”