Case to hold two slides one bell?

modelerdc

Case to hold two slides one bell?

Post by modelerdc »

Does anyone make a case that holds two slides and one bell? I'm not looking for a double trombone case, but would like to be able to carry a medium bore and a large bore slide with the same bell section in one case. Thanks for any suggestions.
Matt K
Verified

Re: Case to hold two slides one bell?

Post by Matt K »

The Chronkhite double tenor bags might be closer to what you want than you think. You could go under size if you want to get a little less bulk eg. The double “jazz” bag for two straight, small bore bell sections would probably still fit a single large bore no problem, and still have the two slide compartment. The ones I’ve had were surprisingly sleek though, except the double 10.5” bell bag but… I kind of expected that!
AtomicClock

Post by AtomicClock »

Wasn't there a King 3B case that held both a slide and a valve section?
Briande

Post by Briande »

AtomicClock is right there are king 3B cases that take both slide and valve section . I also have an old Getzen case that has the same thing. So you might want to post in the Case section of Classifieds what you are looking to buy and see what you get.
I’m not a collector, I just have too many trombones….
King 2B. King 3B. King 3B+ w/F attachment and gold brass bell. King Duo Gravis. Getzen 1047FR. Conn 6H. Conn 48H. Conn 10H.
baileyman

Post by baileyman »

I think I have a couple dent bags with two slide pockets.

Attaching a slide box to the side of lots of cases should be straightforward.
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

A normal Cronkite case plus the double slide insert would probably work, but you'd have to ask for that special.
mbtrombone

Post by mbtrombone »

Depends on wrap design on the cronkite. I have a bass bag where you put the slide carrier into the bag with the bell section. I have a Bach 50B2 closed wrap and right now have a Bach 50 single bore and an Edwards dual bore each in separate slide carries of either side of the bell. No room for the accessory pouch. The slides and bell seem fine. The bag is also well used and out of cordura.
hyperbolica

Post by hyperbolica »

MattK's suggestion of the double Cronkhite is a good one. I've got that arrangement and sometimes use it as a single plus two slides with some extra storage space. Works great.

Return to “Accessories”