Mystery Mouthpiece

pipperz

Mystery Mouthpiece

Post by pipperz »

Does anyone have any idea what mouthpiece this is? It came with this Reynolds Contempora I’m borrowing and I’ve never seen anything like it. It’s in pretty bad cosmetic shape but I tried it out on the horn and it definitely feels like a bass mp but I honestly have no idea if it is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by pipperz on Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brassmedic

Re: Mystery Mouthpiece

Post by brassmedic »

That says "Marcinkiewicz Glendale CA" Marcinkiewicz mouthpieces are great. Should have some kind of size stamped on it.
Brad Close Brass Instruments - brassmedic.com
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

brassmedic wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:41 pm That says "Marcinkiewicz Glendale CA" Marcinkiewicz mouthpieces are great. Should have some kind of size stamped on it.
As Brad noted, Marcinkiewicz mouthpieces are very good. The bass trombone mouthpieces that I am familiar with are stamped GEO ROBERTS or 1½G. Pretty much the same piece:
~27.30mm Cup I.D. (my measurement); 7.04mm (or 7.14mm) Throat
You really should try to restore this mouthpiece by gently removing the tarnish on the silver plate (pretty easy to do) and play it. It should be quite compatible with the Reynolds Contempora bass.
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Marcinkiewicz made 3 bass trombone mouthpieces numbered 1, 2, and 3. The number 2 was the George Roberts model while the number 3 was very close to a 1½G.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"

Return to “Mouthpieces”