Rath Hand Brace Improvement

dbwhitaker

Rath Hand Brace Improvement

Post by dbwhitaker »

The Rath Hand Brace works best for me of all the braces/straps/handles that I have tried. My biggest complaint about it was that the pressure on the back of my hand would cause pain after using it for a while. I've found that wrapping it with foam is a huge improvement and this completely eliminates the pain for me. I'm using pipe insulation foam (1/2 inch inner diameter) that I bought from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BPPJ8JCH
It only requires a pair of scissors and about 60 seconds to add it to the brace. The foam will attach without using velcro but it's easy to knock it off. (I added the velcro a couple of months ago after I knocked it off at a big band gig and it rolled under the lead alto's chair. It hasn't come off since then.)
IMG_9941.jpg
IMG_9945.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
harrisonreed

Re: Rath Hand Brace Improvement

Post by harrisonreed »

Pool noodle FTW!
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

max squidge
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
blast

Post by blast »

That's my old trombone!!
dbwhitaker

Post by dbwhitaker »

blast wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:46 am That's my old trombone!!
Yes. I knew it used to be yours. What I don't know is what is unique about it that allows you distinguish it from other Holton single basses from that era.
baBposaune

Post by baBposaune »

dbwhitaker wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:27 pm
Yes. I knew it used to be yours. What I don't know is what is unique about it that allows you distinguish it from other Holton single basses from that era.
Those bell scratches are like fingerprints...
EZSlider

Post by EZSlider »

I did a custom overwrap with thick soft leather... Totally changed it for me.. Thought about offering it as a service at one point.
EZ
blast

Post by blast »

dbwhitaker wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:27 pm
The washer under the stop piece screw. That was my horn left in MA for American trips. My son thought he was returning to the UK so I sold it. He's still there, so I'll need to take another across.
dbwhitaker

Post by dbwhitaker »

baBposaune wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:30 pm
dbwhitaker wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:27 pm Yes. I knew it used to be yours. What I don't know is what is unique about it that allows you distinguish it from other Holton single basses from that era.
Those bell scratches are like fingerprints...
Just so you don't feel left out Matt, here's a photo of a brace on one of your old horns.
IMG_9942.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
baBposaune

Post by baBposaune »

SWEET! Looks like a comfy setup. I might even need to go with that belt and suspenders approach myself! (One of these days.)

Return to “Accessories”