New Horn Day

heldenbone

New Horn Day

Post by heldenbone »

As promised / threatened earlier, my new [to me] Duo Gravis is back from having a trigger split performed. With no further babble from me, here it is...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bach5G

Re: New Horn Day

Post by Bach5G »

Very nice.
Digidog

Post by Digidog »

Congrats! That looks like a very well preserved horn. I hope you'll get much music with, and from, it!

What's that aluminum-like tubing on the gooseneck, just above the first valve? It looks like some reinforcement or insulation?
Welcome to visit my web store: https://www.danieleng.com/

Big Engband on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/30Vuft1 ... me3sZi8q-A
heldenbone

Post by heldenbone »

>>What's that aluminum-like tubing on the gooseneck,

Plastic laminated aluminum conduit tape. It makes a nice gooseneck protectant and prevents green neck.
That Duo Gravis came to me well-preserved. It had a little bell rim trauma in the past, but that was addressed skillfully before it came to live with me. The thing plays very well, particularly in the trigger and pedal range. It likes the vintage 2G I'm playing on it alot.
bassclef

Post by bassclef »

Very nice, that's one of the better DuoGravis split trigger implementations I've seen.

Happy to hear that you're enjoying the horn. As I believe I mentioned to you, I've had 6 of them pass through my hands over the years, and that's the best playing & sounding one - by far. I'm glad it found a good home.
Kbiggs

Post by Kbiggs »

Very nice!
Kenneth Biggs
I have known a great many troubles, but most of them have never happened.
—Mark Twain (attributed)
heldenbone

Post by heldenbone »

bassclef wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:08 am Happy to hear that you're enjoying the horn. As I believe I mentioned to you, I've had 6 of them pass through my hands over the years, and that's the best playing & sounding one - by far. I'm glad it found a good home.
You're not kidding about how it plays. I put off splitting the triggers so I could play it over Christmas, and did a couple 'cello settings from a collection called (I think) "Snow Falling on Ivory." They were for In the Bleak Mid-Winter and Coventry Carol. The Duo Gravis made it easier to play with the sensitivity to bring off the sparse 'cello writing.

Return to “Instruments”