Weird Brace on a Conn?

Chazzer69

Weird Brace on a Conn?

Post by Chazzer69 »

I ran across this guy and I've never seen a brace like this. I assume custom because it looks like more work went into it other than just replacing a part, but to what purpose? Any thoughts? I'm really curious.
q0etp9npp6st7n3tdyqw.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CJ
AKA: World Champion Trombone Holder
Burgerbob

Re: Weird Brace on a Conn?

Post by Burgerbob »

Convertible 88H/8H, custom by someone. The bell brace is much farther back on the F attachment horns so you get this odd brace shape
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
Chazzer69

Post by Chazzer69 »

Thanks Aidan! My curiosity has been satisfied. This thing is on Reverb if anyone is interested.
CJ
AKA: World Champion Trombone Holder
hyperbolica

Post by hyperbolica »

I just has the bell brace moved forward about 1/4" on my 8h. The stock 8h has the main brace too far back, and you need big hands to hold it comfortably. Its better but it c9an only move so far.

The 78 and 79h have the same sort of bell brace problem, except that the slide braces are also in different positions. different.
although

Post by although »

I use a neotech grip on my 8H, so I don't have to try to wrap my thumb around that brace. It's not because the horn is heavy. It's just much more comfortable with the neotech.

Return to “Instruments”