Pollard Trombone

BassBoneWaluigi

Pollard Trombone

Post by BassBoneWaluigi »

In many of his recent recordings, Denson Paul Pollard has been playing some instrument with axial valves? Is this a new or older Courtois? or something different?
bassbone1993

Re: Pollard Trombone

Post by bassbone1993 »

I'm 99% sure it's an Edwards
LowBrassJunkie

Post by LowBrassJunkie »

Its his old Edwards. He is no longer a Courtois artist.
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

It's a new Edwards, actually. One of the first cut bells Christan has made.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
LIBrassCo

Post by LIBrassCo »

Burgerbob wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:43 am It's a new Edwards, actually. One of the first cut bells Christan has made.
It's his old Edwards. Not new other than the bell
Check out our new bass trombone doubling mouthpieces: https://www.librassco.com/broadway-bass
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

Well, a new bell at least! It definitely looked like a new valve section last time I saw him.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
LIBrassCo

Post by LIBrassCo »

Burgerbob wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:55 pm Well, a new bell at least! It definitely looked like a new valve section last time I saw him.
It's not, I promise.
Check out our new bass trombone doubling mouthpieces: https://www.librassco.com/broadway-bass
LowBrassJunkie

Post by LowBrassJunkie »

Burgerbob wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:55 pm Well, a new bell at least! It definitely looked like a new valve section last time I saw him.

Lacquer is pissing off that thing, no shot its new.
Elow

Post by Elow »

I got to talk to him a little bit about his new set up. He prefers to play on the edwards when he’s not doubling. Definitely the same valve section with his G slide having almost no pull :shock:
timbone

Post by timbone »

I just noticed this recently too. Looks like Paul is back on his old horn but with a cut bell. I have seen this before. It's not that Courtois isn't listening, it is buffet that is not listening. Then there is the split between "outfit" instruments versus custom manufacturing. I will say the European culture do not like thayers. Courtois has been the first to adapt hagmans, and rene Hagman's vibre- bell construction is evident on the Courtois new Yorker models. It is what it is. BTW, Courtois came up with the icon valve primarily because of lack of stock of Hagman's for production. The German team who produce Courtois today strive to make every part in house to control production.
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

Yes but… no but…

Return to “Instruments”