Calendar

ttf_RedHotMama

Calendar

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Hi all,

Don't forget that you can now add your upcoming event to our calendar!

http://tromboneforum.org/index.php?action=calendar
ttf_WaltTrombone

Calendar

Post by ttf_WaltTrombone »

Yes, please do add your events to our calendar. It's really easy to do, especially if you start out in the calendar itself.

1- In the calendar, click on the "Post Event" button at the bottom of the page.
2- You'll get a screen that asks for the event title, how many days it runs for, the date, and a checkbox to link it to right here in Notices.
3- Once you've filled in the Calendar info, click the "Post" button. That will take you to the screen to add a new topic to Notices, it looks like the standard screen for making a post, with all the extra stuff from the Calendar screen added.

It's fairly simple to do, as long as you start out in the Calendar itself.
ttf_RedHotMama

Calendar

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Thanks, Walt! Image
ttf_WaltTrombone

Calendar

Post by ttf_WaltTrombone »

As an addendum to my earlier post- If you have already posted your item in Notices (or anywhere else on the Forum, for that matter) you can add it to the calendar once you have finished posting. From within the post, at the bottom of the thread, click on the "Link to Calendar" button, and the Calendar screen will come up.

Cool stuff!

If you've entered your birthday in your profile, that will show in the calendar as well. (Leave the year off if you're sensitive about that stuff.) Image
ttf_anonymous

Calendar

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I wonder if it might be a good idea to initiate a separate birthday Calender. Its a bit confusing when trying to scan the present Calender for concert dates.
ttf_Sliphorn

Calendar

Post by ttf_Sliphorn »

Quote from: BoneCall on Sep 26, 2007, 03:23PMI wonder if it might be a good idea to initiate a separate birthday Calender. Its a bit confusing when trying to scan the present Calender for concert dates.
I think that's a good idea, too.  Is that easy to implement?
ttf_RedHotMama

Calendar

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

I can't see how to create another calender.

However, it's a very simple matter to remove birthday notifications from the current calender. We don't actually need them there, because they are already listed separately at the bottom of the home page.

This might also make the calender a more popular place for posting events.

What say you?
ttf_Sliphorn

Calendar

Post by ttf_Sliphorn »

Probably a good idea...And you're right...may help the popularity.

Perhaps putting the calendar on the front page as it's own entity would more effectively alert people to what's coming up...maybe a weekly view or something, like the weather? ^_^
ttf_RedHotMama

Calendar

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Please note that, as requested, the birthday announcements have been removed from the calendar.

There is now LOTS of room for your upcoming events!
ttf_Sliphorn

Calendar

Post by ttf_Sliphorn »

...and I just posted our last gig of the tour!  I'll try in the summer, anyway.  Thanks for doing that.
ttf_anonymous

Calendar

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Here's an embarrassing question: How can I change a typographical error in the Event Title of a Calendar posting I just listed?  It needs to read "Jazz Concert," alas, not "Jazz Convert."  Sigh.  How embarrassing. Help! 

Sincerely,

Bill Huber
ttf_anonymous

Calendar

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Here's an embarrassing question: How can I change a typographical error in the Event Title of a Calendar posting I just listed?  It needs to read "Jazz Concert," alas, not "Jazz Convert."  Sigh.  How embarrassing. Help! 

Sincerely,

Bill Huber

Return to “Notices from TTF Members”