Ones that got away.

ttf_gregs70

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_gregs70 »

Picked up an old Bach trumpet at a garage sale for $25 in the 70s.  I was playing in a big band at a music store in Indy and mentioned it was lying around.  A guy offered me $50 as a backup horn for his kid to march with.   This was pre-Internet when reseach wasn't as easy as it is now.  A tech at the store said he would double it, giving me $100, and I took it figuring it was a fair offer.   I found out thru the grapevine that they did some minor repairs then called their pro players - it was a Brooklyn Bach, 1940s.  It sold for over a grand the next day.  Did the SOBs at the store tell me what it was worth?  Did they cut me in on their profits?  Hell no, even though we played in the same band.
ttf_alexishii

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_alexishii »

Quote from: gregs70 on Jan 20, 2013, 08:31PMPicked up an old Bach trumpet at a garage sale for $25 in the 70s.  I was playing in a big band at a music store in Indy and mentioned it was lying around.  A guy offered me $50 as a backup horn for his kid to march with.   This was pre-Internet when reseach wasn't as easy as it is now.  A tech at the store said he would double it, giving me $100, and I took it figuring it was a fair offer.   I found out thru the grapevine that they did some minor repairs then called their pro players - it was a Brooklyn Bach, 1940s.  It sold for over a grand the next day.  Did the SOBs at the store tell me what it was worth?  Did they cut me in on their profits?  Hell no, even though we played in the same band.

I once floated a somewhat cosmetically challenged 6H as a possible trade-in, and got offered $75 "for that old thing" because I was "a good customer" (which in fact I was).   Of course, the shop knew full well what the horn was worth.  Nothing like your New York Strad, but still a pretty brazen attempt to try and take advantage of someone who they thought was not knowledgable. 

When I declined the offer, there was hemming and hawing about how they could "eat the trade-in" (their exact words), if I was to pick-out something super fancy, but after trying the candidate, I told them that oddly the "old thing" seemed to play just as well, if not better (which it did), and I figured I might as well hold on to it... Image

Mind you, I thought that it was their right to try and maximize their profits, after all, when someone posts that they got some great horn at a garage sale for $50, everyone gives them a forum high-five, rather than scolds them for not insisting on giving the unsuspecting seller what the horn was really worth... Image

Still, I was a little surprised that the shop was not more forthcoming.

ttf_macbone

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_macbone »

Alas, as always, Venditor Caveat!  (Seller beware) Image
ttf_anonymous

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_anonymous »

all of these stories make me rethink selling my horn. Its my first trombone and ive never really been crazy about it and the horn im trading for is(in my opinion) the perfect horn for me..but it just doesnt seem right,
ttf_gregs70

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_gregs70 »

This wasn't just me walking into a store at random.  I played in the band at the store every week for rehearsals, played gigs with them, had my horns serviced by them, bought accessories from them.  I thought they were my friends.  I was wrong!  Image

Quote from: alexishii on Jan 20, 2013, 09:05PMI once floated a somewhat cosmetically challenged 6H as a possible trade-in, and got offered $75 "for that old thing" because I was "a good customer" (which in fact I was).   Of course, the shop knew full well what the horn was worth.  Nothing like your New York Strad, but still a pretty brazen attempt to try and take advantage of someone who they thought was not knowledgable. 

When I declined the offer, there was hemming and hawing about how they could "eat the trade-in" (their exact words), if I was to pick-out something super fancy, but after trying the candidate, I told them that oddly the "old thing" seemed to play just as well, if not better (which it did), and I figured I might as well hold on to it... Image

Mind you, I thought that it was their right to try and maximize their profits, after all, when someone posts that they got some great horn at a garage sale for $50, everyone gives them a forum high-five, rather than scolds them for not insisting on giving the unsuspecting seller what the horn was really worth... Image

Still, I was a little surprised that the shop was not more forthcoming.

ttf_macbone

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_macbone »

Chrisc94 and gregs70 - quite a few years back a salesman at Boyd's Music, Phila (still in business?) Image, also a trombonist, told me he ended up regretting selling any pro model horn that he had owned.  After playing for 45 yrs and owning about 8 hrns over the years, I know he was ultimately correct.  The only horns I was glad to wave goodbye to were my peashooter Olds Amblastador and my crappo Getzen Elkhorn. Image
ttf_amichael

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_amichael »

My First Trombone,

I had converted to Trombone from Euphonium as a Junior in High School during the mid-70s,and bought a Bach 36b. I last played it in 1988 and it sat around for 10 years and I felt guilty and sold it for $600. Now I am looking at prices these days thinking I wish I had kept it now that I am thinking about a mid bore horn again.

aaarrrggghh.
ttf_anonymous

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Quote from: greg waits on May 26, 2012, 10:39AMI almost posted this on 'found on the net'.

Have you ever spotted an incredible deal on a nice horn, only to get beaten to the punch? Well that just happened to me.

I spotted this one on craigslist while browsing under different Texas cities.

http://wichitafalls.craigslist.org/msg/3006162571.html
Oh yes! Plenty of times! I got out bidder the other day on a Bach 42bo strad that sold for $660.00!

Yes, that is a mid-60s 6H, and he wanted $50. 

SOLD damn! Image

ttf_Alex McMahon

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_Alex McMahon »

Almost had a Tulsa Williams 6 for $900... Tipped off a repair guy friend of mine and he made a sizable profit on eBay. The next Williams 6 that comes by me stays with me!
ttf_macbone

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_macbone »

Alex and "ilove", those are heartbreakers for sure (but you know that).   I'm not an Earl Williams fan, but *damn*.  Here's some irony to help you feel better.  In 1998 I declared I was "no longer in the peashooter business!" and sold my nice 1975 King 3B for $475.  After that I found myself playing more and more big band lead, enjoying it, and so bought a newer 3B for $500, in 2011... Image
ttf_anonymous

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_anonymous »

When I started playing again after a long layoff I bought a pretty minty Gen2 88H.  I had occasion to take it into the local repair shop from time to time, which was run by a guy who know a bit more about reeds than brass. One day he showed me two beat-up trombone cases.  In one was an old Roth-Reynolds double-valve bass, and in the other was an Elkhart 88H that dated from 1967 or so. The slide was a bit sprung, and the valve unstrung, but there was no plating loss on the slide, and it had that unmatched Elkhart Conn resonance.  "Some picker brought them in," he told me.  "I told him I could give him $30 for the two of them - $5 for the bass and $25 for the Conn." 

Now, had I offered him $200 for the 88H right then and there, he would have taken it.  But no. For one thing, I had just bought my own 88H and couldn't justify buying another, a stance I've, uh, modified over the years.  Instead I waxed eloquent about how prized the Elkie 88H's were and how much it might fetch on someplace like eBay.  As a result, whenever I offered to buy it, at a gradually increased priced over the years, he always responded, "No, I'm going to fix it up and sell it."  Finally, after three years of not touching it, he sold it to some dealer in the adjoining state for $900 or so.
ttf_anonymous

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Quote from: Dukesboneman on Nov 17, 2012, 09:24AMI was unemployed a number of years back and had to let a couple go and wish I`d hung just a couple of weeks. Oh well.
I sold a fantastic 1928 Silver Conn 78H and an Elkkie 8H. Both beautiful horns But.....
When I switched to Bachs, I let go a custom 78H with a light weight silver plated slide and a Red Brass bell. Wish I still had that one.
I also had one that self-destructed all on it`s own. I had a 1950 32H that I bought and had overhauled. Received a letter from Anderson stating that they thought that this might have been the 3rd over-haul and they hoped that it would last.
Flash-forward 3 years, I`m in a rehearsal with my Jazz Ensemble getting ready for a concert and I bumped a music stand with the horn. All the solder joints let loose and it completely fell apart. I was left hold the hand grip. All my students looked at each other and without saying a word, they all got up and left the stage. A few minutes later I asked why they left and one kid tells me "We know how you are about your horns and figured that you needed a moment alone". 

ttf_anonymous

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Quote from: bonesmarsh on Sep 29, 2012, 08:51AMMany wives.
You can re-marry.
Few primo 6H's.

Judge yourself accordingly, Martin.

ttf_anonymous

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Quote from: macbone on Oct 02, 2012, 05:28AMJohn, a vintage 8H relegated to the wall at Applebee's??  For shame!  Even worse that they wouldn't sell.  Do you know any good cat burglars?  Image   At least my VT farm boys knew what they had.

Walk in with a different trombone and make a back room trade plus cash offer to the manager. I bet you could manage to pull that off. Who'd know the difference and who would even care?

What sickens me is when I am in one of those restaurants like that with vintage things on the shelves and on the wall, and you notice what was a good pro horn that has been nailed to the wall through the bell section.

Nothing is worse than the sight of a crucified trombone!
ttf_anonymous

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Quote from: tbonejeff on Jun 07, 2012, 07:03AMLike some other responders here, I have lucked out on a couple of instruments.

I found a Holton bass trumpet in the back room of a music store in the Chicago area, back in the mid 80's. Some small dents, but quite playable. I paid about $50.

At the Kane County (IL) monthly flea market, back in the 80s or early 90s, I found a Buffet clarinet for $50. Turns out it's an early R13 from the mid-50s. It included a Kasper mouthpiece, which could be worth more than my cost for the whole thing.

That is a great story but it isn't about one that got away!  Image
ttf_Trav1s

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_Trav1s »

Quote from: greg waits on May 20, 2013, 01:03PMNothing is worse than the sight of a crucified trombone!

Were you there when they crucified the horn? 
Where you there when they crucified the horn?
Oh, sometimes it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble. 
Were you there when they crucified the horn?

ttf_greenbean

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_greenbean »

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/msg/3894729225.html

This one is gone.  And it was... free.
ttf_mr.deacon

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_mr.deacon »

Quote from: greenbean on Jun 26, 2013, 01:41PMhttp://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/msg/3894729225.html

This one is gone.  And it was... free.
What was it? The listing was deleted.
ttf_greenbean

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_greenbean »

A Selmer Paris trombone.  Perhaps an older model - had an S-shaped bell brace.  The bell had a minor crumple and who knows about the slide. 
ttf_Dukesboneman

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_Dukesboneman »

Not a trombone story but. I was playing in this club where the horns were on the wall but hanging not nailed. They had a Double french horn and minor dents. The next day I brought in a true wall hanger we had hanging on the band room wall. A single smashed up and painted white (don`t ask , it was there when I came)horn. I took it to the club and they were more than happy to just make a swap. So ya never know
ttf_chipolah

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_chipolah »

Here in France, there is a website called Le Boncoin. It's a site where people sell everything. Sometimes there are musical instruments. It's always a fixed price. One day, there was a listing for 2 trombones from the same seller. It was a consignment shop. They would sell the trombones for 25 euros each, the equivalent of about $32. They didn't say the brands, but I could see from the pictures that one was a King 3B and the other was a Conn 6H. They had been on the website for about 2 hours and I phoned a friend in the town where they were and asked him to buy them for me. By the time he phoned the seller, he had already sold them. That was 2 years ago and I still have nightmares about that.
ttf_macbone

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_macbone »

Image  Chipolah, that's a topper.  This might not have happened like this in England, where they just LOVE Conns.  Never saw any Europeans play on a King when I was there... Image
ttf_marchingtrombonist

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_marchingtrombonist »

at the time i owned a bach 12 strad and a king 2b. i was strapped for cash so i sold my king. when i deployed, my bach was stolen out of my mom's house and probably ended up at a pawn shop nearby.
ttf_octavposaune

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_octavposaune »

Last week a great 16 (no M nor LT).  Roof just got replaced otherwise I would own it instead of my forum friend in Miami.

Custom leadpipe, early 80s vintage Corp bell with a orangy coffin case with real leather trim.

Nice horn

Benn
ttf_flyinblonde

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_flyinblonde »

ok, not a trombone, and it did NOT get away.
I peruse the local Craig's List daily, looking for interesting horns, came across an alto sax, hadn't been played in years, seller recommended using it to make an interesting lamp.  Not that I could play it anyway, but determined to save a vintage instrument I immediately contacted the seller and arranged to view it.  I don't know much about anything woodwind, but I recognized "Martin Handcrafted, Elkhart, Indiana" and "Low Pitch" right away.  Since it was missing the mouthpiece and handle on the original case, I negotiated the price down $5, from the asking price of $25.
I haven't check the serial no.s yet, but I'm pretty sure I got a deal. Image
Still can't find the slide or the spit valve on the darn thing tho!
ttf_BGuttman

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

You might want to try to make a soprano ophiclide from it.  Just a mouthpiece and some tape so it fits.  You may have a pleasant surprise... Image
ttf_flyinblonde

Ones that got away.

Quote from: BGuttman on Sep 19, 2013, 04:46AMYou might want to try to make a soprano ophiclide from it.  Just a mouthpiece and some tape so it fits.  You may have a pleasant surprise... Image

that did occur to me!  I guess I'm not the only one who looks at something and wonders "I wonder what that would sound like if I stuck a mouthpiece in it?" LOL
Actually I plan to get the correct mouthpiece for it and some reeds and give it a try, might be fun. Image
ttf_BGuttman

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

I had suggested that because the former director of one of the bands in which I play got a Civil War era Quinticlave (it's a smaller version of the bass Ophiclide) and put his baritone sax mouthpiece on it and was able to honk a few notes.  You are doing the same thing in reverse.

Have fun with it.  I think you got a real steal (even if you have to spend another $100 to have the action regulated). Image Image
ttf_Cubes

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_Cubes »

Quote from: BGuttman on Sep 19, 2013, 04:46AMYou might want to try to make a soprano ophiclide from it.  Just a mouthpiece and some tape so it fits.  You may have a pleasant surprise... Image
I did that once several years ago and I think it was plaisible as an instrument
ttf_flyinblonde

Ones that got away.

maybe I'll combine it with a few of my other instruments!  Make something like this, so I could make a few extra bucks on the weekends. Image
I found a couple of examples of this sax on fleabay, they were selling for $250-$500 in similar condition.  I might want to find something less valuable to make another instrument.  I gotta get a sax mp and some reeds so I can try this baby out.
ttf_anonymous

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I responded to a craigslist ad for a Bach 42B for 400.00.... I  was one day late.
I was sad...
But... turns out the guy was getting rid of a roomful of horns and I bought a Buescher flugel, a pocket trumpet, and an Olds marching trombone for 300.00 total for all three...
When I met to pick them up, he threw in a Conn/Yamaha cornet that he found while rummaging for the horns we agreed on.
Still, I would rather have had the 42B for 400.00

ttf_flyinblonde

Ones that got away.

saw an ad in the paper "vintage silver trombone: $200", and decided to take a look.  Turned out to be a Silver plated King 3B-F.  At least thats what I think it is, someone has buffed most of the lettering off, I can faintly see "King" and it has a curved bell brace.  I talked him down to $165.  Needs the stops and a screw on the valve, but the slide is in decent shape, seems to play nicely.  My plan is to replace my 50H I use for concert band, with this.
so I guess this one didn't get away.
ttf_BassCase

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_BassCase »

Ok, here's my sad story.. I purchased a King 6B Silver Sonic from my private teacher my sophomore year of H.S.  I loved that horn and it really loved me back, so to speak, as it was really easy to play and Barked like the most vicious junkyard dog.  The bass bone players in the various local bands would have contests at football games trying to out-do each other across the field.  All great fun though not always the most nuanced way to play.  One day during field practice we were doing some 8-to-5 work when a kid thought it would be fun to nick my baby with his football.  He crumpled that gorgeous sterling silver bell all right.  The band chased him down and scared the bejeebers out of him.  Well, his parents bought me a new one and we had the damaged bell straightened really nicely.  So I had a brand new horn and a field horn, both 6B 'Sonics.  After I graduated, I thought I wanted to be a photographer, so in order to fund my new hobby I sold both horns.  So for me, these two beautiful horns are my ones that I "SENT AWAY".  Now a pristine one can run for 4k or so.  Won't be getting one any time soon.  Cheers

ttf_anonymous

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_anonymous »

In 1997 I was in Dick Akrights' shop in Oakland waiting on a repair and he said, "try this".

It was a '50s vintage 88H that Mark Lawrence was selling for $1200.  It SANG!!!!!!!!!  Best large bore horn I have ever played.....Every note was perfect....I didn't have the cash at the time. 
Should have sold my car and bought it....

I did buy the 1950 LA Williams he had for sale though.....but that is another story... Image
ttf_ctingle

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_ctingle »

Hate to jump on the band wagon of "ones that DIDN'T get away", but.....

I was an antique shop, and they had a 1947 Conn 44H in the Window. Tarnished, battered case, but awesome slide.... $25 later, it was mine.

Also picked up a 4 year old 88HT-O from Craigslist for $650.
ttf_macbone

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_macbone »

$25 for that Conn, and all it needed was a good cleaning and a case?! Image  I wish more store owners were as naive!  Private sellers too!  Image
ttf_anonymous

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Last year I started looking for the same bass bone I had in high school - Conn Artist Symphony 83H.  Unfortunately two weeks before I started looking, one was sold from Toronto for $1400.  Those horns are nice to play, lightweight but sing loud and clear.... for the ones that survived.  Our music department ordered the horn 3 times!  The first two came flat as a pancake.  It took almost 9 months to get a playable horn.
I loved that horn but haven't seen one since.
ttf_flyinblonde

Ones that got away.

Once in a while I stop in at a couple of local non-profit re-stores, just to look for interesting things, rarely do they have anything musical.  One day I spied a pocket trumpet in the case and asked about it.  A vintage Besson, missing the waterkey and a little ratty, but probably fixable.  Day before payday, I went back a couple of days later and it was gone.  I asked about it, and was told that someone had told them it was a Indian counterfeit and not playable or worth fixing, so they trashed it! Image  Couldn't believe it, no way was it a copy, just an old horn needing some love.  Even if it wasn't fixable, it would have made cool wall art!
Not sure I believe they would throw it away either, I suspect they just sold it. Image
ttf_denny seifried

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_denny seifried »

Well, I have had a couple of horns I owned and sold to students, by mistake, as I look back, many years later.

1. My 1964 King 3B (brass bell). This was the small counterweight King, and I purchased it, new, when I started my first teaching gig in the fall of 1964. This horn took me through my MM recital at UNT and all of the playing I did at UNT my year on campus. I didn't even play an attachment horn at that time. Sold it to a student when I purchased a new, Williams 6 in 1970.

2. In the late 1960's I purchased a used Conn 88H from a trombone-friend of mine. It had a bad slide (typical Elkhart slide stocking wear). In the early 70's there were not good slide-guys, like John Sandhagen, around and the slide always bugged me. Sold it to a student, who, sadly a few years later, perished in a sky-diving accident in MI.

3. My first bass trombone, around 1970, was an Abilene Reynolds Contempora dependent with a D-slide. Sold that one to a student, when I got my first Holton TR-180. Couldn't ever manage that "Magic-Bar" trigger and sent horn to Minick for a split-conversion and a Minick D-slide (open wrap). Later, slide went back to Holton for insertion of a George Roberts pipe, when George was, for a very short time, a Holton clinician. Big mistake, I needed some money after my son was born and sold to a local college student, and replaced the horn with a Yamaha YBL-611-II. Another huuuuuge mistake! Image Image

Horns I should have bought:

1. Late 60's new Bach 12. Before starting on bass trombone, I was playing most of my tenor playing on my Williams 6. I was in a Dayton rehearsal band, and the leader was looking for a new trombone and was trying out a Bach 12 from Dayton Band Instruments (DABICO). He passed it around and let all of us try it; and, I thought it played even better than my Williams 6. It hadn't been to long that I had bought my Williams and I knew my wife would kill me, if I bought that Bach 12! BTW, the leader tried my Williams and ordered one from Earl, shortly after.

2. Holton sales rep. loaned a trial Holton TR-181 to players in our area of Ohio, to see if we liked or didn't like it. I thought this particular horn was really a great player, even comparing it to my modified TR-180. I drug my feet and a local college player at Wright State Univ. grabbed it up. That was really a "sweet" playing horn!

3. Ray Torresdal's Greenhoe-Conn 62H. One of the best bass trombones I have ever played.

4. Matthew Walker's single valve Greenhoe TIS Proprietary Bass Trombone. Played it out in the parking lot, behind the music building at Wittenberg, coming back from an ETW, a few years ago. That was, one, sweeeeeet, bass bone, Matt!

I'm done! Image
ttf_denny seifried

Ones that got away.

Wow....how about that? Two Springfielder's posting right after each other! One OR and one OH!

Cool! Image
ttf_flyinblonde

Ones that got away.

Quote from: denny seifried on Jan 03, 2014, 09:56AMWow....how about that? Two Springfielder's posting right after each other! One OR and one OH!

Cool! Image

That is cool!
But my Springfield is the REAL home of the Simpsons, in spite of not winning the contest.  Matt Groening is from these parts, 'tho he denies it on occasion.
Didn't Homer play the trombone?
ttf_denny seifried

Ones that got away.

Quote from: flyinblonde on Jan 03, 2014, 11:12AMThat is cool!
But my Springfield is the REAL home of the Simpsons, in spite of not winning the contest.  Matt Groening is from these parts, 'tho he denies it on occasion.
Didn't Homer play the trombone?

I think we were in that contest, also, and didn't make it, either! Image
ttf_anonymous

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_anonymous »

A post elsewhere jogged my memory -

I had a Yamaha 651 - .509 bore, Copper bell and the rest of the horn in nickle plate. It was bought for about $350 as a marching band horn to keep my Bach 42BG off the field. 

Best small bore horn I've ever tried. It went away to pay for a Bach 36G I still own and play...mixed feelings...
ttf_anonymous

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I had a friend who had a Bach Mt Vernon LT16M. Beautiful horn. I'm not really a Bach guy or a small bore guy, but this horn was seriously lustworthy.  Image He was going through a divorce and had severe money problems, so he had to sell it to another guy in the band. Then that guy got tired of it and sold it to me. Eventually the original owner got his stuff back together and bought the horn back. I didn't really miss it because I just couldn't fall in love with it for whatever reason. So in the end everybody was happy, we all had a ride on the town bicycle, and my friend got his horn back.
ttf_macbone

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_macbone »

Dezignstuff, that's a great story. I understand - small Bachs aren't for everyone, though Dick Nash and of course "King" Watrous sound awesome on theirs. I found I need a more "lively" horn to compete with the trumpets etc in big bands  - Bachs are just too "gentlemanly". 
ttf_BassCase

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_BassCase »

What's so "gentlemanly" about playing the trombone?(yuk,yuk!)
ttf_macbone

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_macbone »

Good one, BassCase! Image
ttf_anonymous

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_anonymous »

A true gentleman is someone who knows how to play the trombone but doesn't  Image
ttf_BassCase

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_BassCase »

Yeah, that would be me.
ttf_anonymous

Ones that got away.

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Quote from: dezignstuff on Jan 18, 2014, 07:06PMI had a friend who had a Bach Mt Vernon LT16M. Beautiful horn. I'm not really a Bach guy or a small bore guy, but this horn was seriously lustworthy.  Image He was going through a divorce and had severe money problems, so he had to sell it to another guy in the band. Then that guy got tired of it and sold it to me. Eventually the original owner got his stuff back together and bought the horn back. I didn't really miss it because I just couldn't fall in love with it for whatever reason. So in the end everybody was happy, we all had a ride on the town bicycle, and my friend got his horn back.

There is no such thing as a Mt Vernon Bach 16M. If the bell indicates MTV and the serial # on the slide confirms that era, it will be a dual bore, not a straight .508 bore.

Return to “Instruments”