Shires Q&A, what would you like to know?

ttf_BillO

Post by ttf_BillO »

Quote from: HouBassTrombone on Feb 02, 2016, 06:42PMThey have other things to do than update the website all the time. It isn't Amazon... They don't make their money through the Internet.

<Sigh...>

Okay, I must have missed the part where they said "If you see mistakes on here, don't bother to tell us about them"

I was foolish enough to believe it might have been appreciated.

As for important or not, I am sure it's the only place most people can go to get accurate information about these instruments.  In any case, you may not be all that familiar with this whole internet thingy, but the change is trivial and I doubt anyone at Shires would be doing it any way.

But next time, Mr. HouBass, I'll keep my mouth shut, okay?
ttf_BillO

Post by ttf_BillO »

Quote from: SilverBone on Feb 02, 2016, 06:38PMThey are now officially what we've known all along: priceless!

I know.  I just wanted them to know about the error, but it's obviously not a problem.  Only mentioning that it exists is apparently a problem.
ttf_victorruan360

Post by ttf_victorruan360 »

Quote from: griffinben on Jan 14, 2016, 10:25AMThe answer is: it all depends.

An A2RVE bell paired with a single bore yellow slide would be somewhat like an old Conn 35H.  Most people that opt for a gold brass bell also opt for a nickel silver slide, which has super crisp articulations but looses some of the warmth (or what I interpret most people to mean when they say warmth).  I think a yellow slide paired to a type 1 bell, say and A1GMT8, would give you something close to what you are looking for.

Our TIS enables us to use a longer slide and have a full 7 positions, yes, but people use the valve for different reasons.  For some, it's to be comfortable with closer positions, for others, they want that register.  Others use the valve to facilitate lip trills in the middle/upper register of the instrument.  It's highly personal.

We have altos in both our showroom and will have them with us at ITF and ATW festivals.  Come by and try them out in person, that's really how you will be able to tell what works for you!

I hope that helps.

Thanks very much Ben! Really helpful information. Just one final (I hope) small question: Since the alto is TIS then there's essentially no "lightweight" option for the slide right? And the bell crook (where the tuning slide used to be) will not be a very important variable (or at least I assume vast majority stick with the yellow brass default)?

Thanks again!

Victor
ttf_griffinben

Post by ttf_griffinben »

Hi Bill,

Thanks for bringing it.  Zac is correct, there's been a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes and any lack of action on this detail hasn't been from lack of appreciation of bringing it to our attention.  I'll be sure to bring it up with our webmaster again. 

But it's nice to know you've been continuing to visit our website!

Thanks,
Ben

ttf_Don Draper

Post by ttf_Don Draper »

Hi Ben,

I have an Elkhart 88H that I am ready to replace.  It is a good horn, but at high volumes the sound is brittle and the high register does not center very well.  I do like the narrow width slide as it is more comfortable on long jobs, but other than that I am open to anything.  I would like a horn that works well playing principal in band and orchestra settings, with a big, modern sound that is easy to play and holds up well at high volumes.  My mouthpiece is a Doug Elliott XT 102, G cup, G9 shank.

Thank you!

DD

ttf_griffinben

Post by ttf_griffinben »

Quote from: Don Draper on Feb 04, 2016, 08:41AMHi Ben,

I have an Elkhart 88H that I am ready to replace.  It is a good horn, but at high volumes the sound is brittle and the high register does not center very well.  I do like the narrow width slide as it is more comfortable on long jobs, but other than that I am open to anything.  I would like a horn that works well playing principal in band and orchestra settings, with a big, modern sound that is easy to play and holds up well at high volumes.  My mouthpiece is a Doug Elliott XT 102, G cup, G9 shank.

Thank you!

DD

Hi Don,

Thanks for your message!  Are you looking for something with a similar timbre to your 88H or are you thinking a different direction?  Both our Vintage Elkhart and Ralph Sauer horns are "standard models" (the Sauer is available with a straight .547 slide) and would fit the bill to what you are describing while keeping a firm footing fromt hat classic Elkhart sound. 

If you wanted to move in a slightly different direction I would suggest our T47 slide mated to either our standard or dual bore rotor with either a 7YLW or 7GLW bell.  The yellow is brighter at low dynamics than red or gold but holds together extremely well and is consistent at many dynamics.  The gold is darker overall and doesn't get the same kind of brilliance at the middle dynamics, but if you want to combat bright it can be your friend.  I should note that in the states, yellow brass remains king over gold brass by a large margin.

Send me a note (to [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]) and we can discuss some options for you!

Best,
Ben

ttf_trmbtrmb

Post by ttf_trmbtrmb »

Most makers do not list prices on the internet. Edwards does not.
ttf_tombone21

Post by ttf_tombone21 »

Is it possible to have an oversized crook on a standard T47 slide? What would that sound and feel like?
ttf_musicmatt12

Post by ttf_musicmatt12 »

Hey Ben,

Do you have any updates on the new Shires/Pickett mouthpieces? Do you know when they'll be available?

Thanks!
ttf_HouBassTrombone

Post by ttf_HouBassTrombone »

^i just bought the new 1 1/4 MD. Great piece though it did not work for me. A leadpipe change did...
ttf_fwbassbone

Post by ttf_fwbassbone »

I spent a little time on the 1 1/4MD and if I waned a smaller piece that may very well be it.  Balanced very well and well centered. 
ttf_griffinben

Post by ttf_griffinben »

Quote from: tombone21 on Feb 04, 2016, 09:12PMIs it possible to have an oversized crook on a standard T47 slide? What would that sound and feel like?

I've been trying to find out if we can do that for you, please stay tuned.  I would guess that such a horn would have more open feel paired with the denser sound of the narrower slide.  Could be pretty neat.  I'll let you know more when I find out!

Ben
ttf_griffinben

Post by ttf_griffinben »

Quote from: musicmatt12 on Feb 05, 2016, 03:36PMHey Ben,

Do you have any updates on the new Shires/Pickett mouthpieces? Do you know when they'll be available?

Thanks!

We just got the prototypes for the full line approved, I think they are really good.  In particular, I think the bass mouthpieces are much improved and the smaller size, large shank tenor mouthpieces as well.  I'll let you all know when we start receiving production models.

Ben
ttf_fwbassbone

Post by ttf_fwbassbone »

So I have kept going back to the 1 1/4MD and wound up using it on a big band rehearsal last night.  I'm going to post a review in mouthpieces.  It is absolutely not a rehash of a Bach 1 1/4G, it's a unique piece.
ttf_boneheaded518

Post by ttf_boneheaded518 »

Ben,
I have a Shires alto trombone with a lightweight bell section and in-slide tuning, which makes it very front-heavy.  It's not really that big a deal, but I'm still curious:  is it possible for Shires to design a counterweight for the bell section?  Maybe something similar to the counterweights on the Rath trombones?  If they were to do something like that, how do you think it would affect the horn?
ttf_schiffko

Post by ttf_schiffko »

there is a 2RT2 on ebay right now....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shires-Trombone-Bell-2RT2-/161977209856?hash=item25b6981400:g:3VYAAOSwezVWv2Bp

what are the exact specs of this bell?

thanks a lot
ttf_griffinben

Post by ttf_griffinben »

Quote from: boneheaded518 on Feb 09, 2016, 03:01PMBen,
I have a Shires alto trombone with a lightweight bell section and in-slide tuning, which makes it very front-heavy.  It's not really that big a deal, but I'm still curious:  is it possible for Shires to design a counterweight for the bell section?  Maybe something similar to the counterweights on the Rath trombones?  If they were to do something like that, how do you think it would affect the horn?

I honestly haven't heard of any issues regarding balance on the altos before.  A counterweight for the altos probably is not in the cards, especially not one that is a signature look of a different brand.  I expect that you would need a very small weight if you wanted to balance the horn to your liking, but I expect it would change the quality of response (cut down on how much the horn vibrates/rings in your hands) and probably have a slightly less open register. 

I Hope that helps,
Ben
ttf_griffinben

Post by ttf_griffinben »

Quote from: schiffko on Feb 15, 2016, 04:16AMthere is a 2RT2 on ebay right now....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shires-Trombone-Bell-2RT2-/161977209856?hash=item25b6981400:g:3VYAAOSwezVWv2Bp

what are the exact specs of this bell?

thanks a lot

I couldn't get the pics to expand when I looked at the link, but this is likely a 2R T7.  A two piece, red brass bell with unsoldered beadwire and thinned weight at the edge.

Ben
ttf_Gabe Langfur

Post by ttf_Gabe Langfur »

Quote from: griffinben on Feb 17, 2016, 04:25AMI couldn't get the pics to expand when I looked at the link, but this is likely a 2R T7.  A two piece, red brass bell with unsoldered beadwire and thinned weight at the edge.

Ben

Actually, I know the seller of this bell, and I believe it is a 2RT2. This was very early production, and Steve was doing a lot of experimenting. I have no idea what T2 was, but Steve might remember.
ttf_griffinben

Post by ttf_griffinben »

Quote from: Gabe Langfur on Feb 17, 2016, 06:00AMActually, I know the seller of this bell, and I believe it is a 2RT2. This was very early production, and Steve was doing a lot of experimenting. I have no idea what T2 was, but Steve might remember.

I just got the official word from Steve: this bell was lightly annealed.

Best,
Ben
ttf_schiffko

Post by ttf_schiffko »

thx a lot
ttf_schiffko

Post by ttf_schiffko »

thx a lot
ttf_Tromborinha

Post by ttf_Tromborinha »

Can you please describe the characteristics of the sterling silver leadpipe (size 2 for a large bore tenor)? Where are the differences to the 'normal' brass leadpipe? What will it do to my horn? Image Thank you!
ttf_griffinben

Post by ttf_griffinben »

Quote from: Tromborinha on Feb 20, 2016, 09:38AMCan you please describe the characteristics of the sterling silver leadpipe (size 2 for a large bore tenor)? Where are the differences to the 'normal' brass leadpipe? What will it do to my horn? Image Thank you!

It's difficult to say without knowing about your set up.
ttf_Tromborinha

Hi Ben,

sorry, here's my setup: my bell is the german model, slide TW 47, Axial valve section and a TGS tuning slide. I'm from germany and bought it at Musik Bertram in Freiburg (which explains my bad english...  Image)
ttf_schiffko

Post by ttf_schiffko »

what is a TGS tuning slide?
ttf_Tromborinha

T= medium for large bore tenor trombone
G= gold brass
S= seamed crook
ttf_griffinben

Post by ttf_griffinben »

Quote from: Tromborinha on Feb 20, 2016, 02:27PMHi Ben,

sorry, here's my setup: my bell is the german model, slide TW 47, Axial valve section and a TGS tuning slide. I'm from germany and bought it at Musik Bertram in Freiburg (which explains my bad english...  Image)

On this particular setup I think a sterling pipe would add clarity, especially giving a crispness to upper overtones.  It would move articulations more of a "T" quality to the start of the note (I would guess that your set up now has more of a hard "D" to the fronts of the notes).  You may also find a little bit of extra "shimmer" to the sound.  I think it might work very well for you.

I hope that helps.
Ben
ttf_Tromborinha

Your answer is very helpfully, Ben! Thank you very much!
I absolutly like the sound of my Shires, but the articulations really could be a little bit clearer and it will be interesting to hear what it will do to the overtones. There's a used leadpipe, which I can try, I'm looking forward to check it out Image
ttf_sfboner

Post by ttf_sfboner »

Quote from: Tromborinha on Feb 23, 2016, 08:14AMYour answer is very helpfully, Ben! Thank you very much!
I absolutly like the sound of my Shires, but the articulations really could be a little bit clearer and it will be interesting to hear what it will do to the overtones. There's a used leadpipe, which I can try, I'm looking forward to check it out Image

This guy is selling one, though for all I know this is the one you're referring to:

http://tromboneforum.org/index.php/topic,90718.0/topicseen.html
ttf_Tromborinha

That's right, Sherlock! Image
ttf_ah64pilot

Post by ttf_ah64pilot »

So I bought a tru-bore to replace the dual bore on my master series. Only problem now is that there is really no pitch center for me and I'm getting frustrated in practice. Other than going back to the dual bore, which I'm considering, would getting a long lead pipe help this?

I was playing a 2.5 with the dual bore. I switched over to a 2.0 with the tru bore but it isn't much improvement. Should I try a 2.5 long?
ttf_griffinben

Post by ttf_griffinben »

Quote from: ah64pilot on Mar 11, 2016, 09:28AMSo I bought a tru-bore to replace the dual bore on my master series. Only problem now is that there is really no pitch center for me and I'm getting frustrated in practice. Other than going back to the dual bore, which I'm considering, would getting a long lead pipe help this?

I was playing a 2.5 with the dual bore. I switched over to a 2.0 with the tru bore but it isn't much improvement. Should I try a 2.5 long?

A long leadpipe may do the trick.  I would also explore a TX tuning slide.  It may restore some focus to the back end of the blow. 

Continue to give the Tru-Bore a chance!  It is a radically different feel than the dual bore rotor; much larger and wider in sound and feel.

I hope that helps.

Ben
ttf_victorruan360

Post by ttf_victorruan360 »

Hi Ben,

Two questions out of curiosity when reading the posts:

1) Someone mentioned the "German Model". Could you explain what that is? Any chance we see it in the US?

2) Any news or idea about TIS tenors?

Thanks!
ttf_griffinben

Post by ttf_griffinben »

Quote from: victorruan360 on Mar 19, 2016, 09:49AMHi Ben,

Two questions out of curiosity when reading the posts:

1) Someone mentioned the "German Model". Could you explain what that is? Any chance we see it in the US?

2) Any news or idea about TIS tenors?

Thanks!

Hi Victorruan,

The "German" tenor is offered by our German dealer, Musik Bertram.  They use a German made bell mated to an otherwise Shires trombone.  It's not offered per se in the US, though we could probably make something happen if someone really wanted it.

There's no immediate or long terms plans for a TIS tenor,thought we have done custom TIS slides for others to use on existing bell sections.

Cheers,
Ben
ttf_John Beers Jr.

Post by ttf_John Beers Jr. »

Hi Ben,

Three quick questions:
1. My large tenor: 2RVE/TW47G/Gold tuning slide/Trubore valve section. Currently, I'm currenly using a 3 leadpipe in it, but I swap between that and a 2N pipe every few years. If I wanted a bit more stability of tone different dynamic levels, would the best (most cost-efficient) method of achieving that be to look for a different bell? If so, what bells would you suggest I audition? I loved a 7YLW I tried at the factory many years ago on my setup, but obviously that was lacking a bassoonist against whose head I could bounce my sound.

2. Can you confirm something that you said earlier in the thread with regard to cases for your dependent axial sections? You suggested the Marcus Bonna cases fit them well, but the MarcusBonna/Shires Dealer's website that I consulted specifically warned that the two did not play well together. Did the case require some manner of modification (removing some padding below the D valve or something?). I have a Shires "Bonna-style" bass case in which I keep my Getzen. Would checking fitment in that give me a fair idea of whether or not the Bonna case would work (ie. how similar are the heights of the cases, respectively)?

3. Is it possible to get the optimized Bollinger geometry retrofit to a dependent axial section?
ttf_fwbassbone

Post by ttf_fwbassbone »

For anyone interested I will be performing on my Bollinger model Shires next week at the NABBA Championships in Fort Wayne, IN next week.  If you are interested in checking out this horn and are going to be at NABBA let me know and we'll work something out.
ttf_griffinben

Post by ttf_griffinben »

Quote from: John Beers Jr. on Mar 25, 2016, 04:36AMHi Ben,

Three quick questions:
1. My large tenor: 2RVE/TW47G/Gold tuning slide/Trubore valve section. Currently, I'm currenly using a 3 leadpipe in it, but I swap between that and a 2N pipe every few years. If I wanted a bit more stability of tone different dynamic levels, would the best (most cost-efficient) method of achieving that be to look for a different bell? If so, what bells would you suggest I audition? I loved a 7YLW I tried at the factory many years ago on my setup, but obviously that was lacking a bassoonist against whose head I could bounce my sound.

2. Can you confirm something that you said earlier in the thread with regard to cases for your dependent axial sections? You suggested the Marcus Bonna cases fit them well, but the MarcusBonna/Shires Dealer's website that I consulted specifically warned that the two did not play well together. Did the case require some manner of modification (removing some padding below the D valve or something?). I have a Shires "Bonna-style" bass case in which I keep my Getzen. Would checking fitment in that give me a fair idea of whether or not the Bonna case would work (ie. how similar are the heights of the cases, respectively)?

3. Is it possible to get the optimized Bollinger geometry retrofit to a dependent axial section?

Hi John,

1.) I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean timbrel stability?  I.e. do you mean you want the timbre to stay the same throughout different tessitura and dynamic ranges? If so, there are different ways to achieve this.  If you are generally happy with the overall timbre of the horn I might recommend looking at a long leadpipe.  These tend to provide greater stability to the slot and this could translate into better timbrel stability.  If you are open to changing the timbre of the instrument I might investigate looking at adding some yellow brass somewhere on the instrument or trying a soldered bead bell. A different bell would provide the greatest difference, either in gold or yellow brass (progressively more stable) and a soldered beadwire might provide more stability as well.  The 7YLW is an extremely popular bell but is also a big difference from your current 2RVE.

2.) I cannot confirm that the Marcus Bonna case works with a dependent valve set, I was going off of what I heard someone, somewhere say (though for the life of me, I cannot recall right now).  In general, most cases are not designed for dependent valve set ups and a dependent axial takes up a LOT of space.  I would think that a Cronkite would work well, though that would not work well for someone seeking a hard case. Perhaps one of the Bonna double cases would provide the clearance needed.

3.) It is possible, though we haven't done it yet.  I should warn that both dependent axial valves and axials with the Bollinger stop arms are particularly sensitive to lever geometry.  Combining the two might require more regular adjustment/maintenance than is typical with independent or dependent valves with standard geometry.

ttf_John Beers Jr.

Post by ttf_John Beers Jr. »

Quote from: griffinben on Mar 28, 2016, 06:27AMHi John,

1.) I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean timbrel stability?  I.e. do you mean you want the timbre to stay the same throughout different tessitura and dynamic ranges? If so, there are different ways to achieve this.  If you are generally happy with the overall timbre of the horn I might recommend looking at a long leadpipe.  These tend to provide greater stability to the slot and this could translate into better timbrel stability.  If you are open to changing the timbre of the instrument I might investigate looking at adding some yellow brass somewhere on the instrument or trying a soldered bead bell. A different bell would provide the greatest difference, either in gold or yellow brass (progressively more stable) and a soldered beadwire might provide more stability as well.  The 7YLW is an extremely popular bell but is also a big difference from your current 2RVE.

2.) I cannot confirm that the Marcus Bonna case works with a dependent valve set, I was going off of what I heard someone, somewhere say (though for the life of me, I cannot recall right now).  In general, most cases are not designed for dependent valve set ups and a dependent axial takes up a LOT of space.  I would think that a Cronkite would work well, though that would not work well for someone seeking a hard case. Perhaps one of the Bonna double cases would provide the clearance needed.

3.) It is possible, though we haven't done it yet.  I should warn that both dependent axial valves and axials with the Bollinger stop arms are particularly sensitive to lever geometry.  Combining the two might require more regular adjustment/maintenance than is typical with independent or dependent valves with standard geometry.

Hi again, Ben. Thank you for the information.

Further responses:
1. Timbral stability is definitely the biggest part of it. I'll see about searching out a longer leadpipe at some point, before committing to a different bell.

2. I've got it in the Protec 309 case currently, which is fine for getting around town (I didn't yet have the case when I initially posted, so was unsure how good it would be). My interest in the Bonna was primarily for the sake of possibly getting it onto an airplane at some point, while simultaneously increasing the "getting around town" protection for the horn. I'll stick with this case for the time being.

3. I didn't yet have the horn when I asked about the bollinger-geometry on dependent axial. The springs are already fairly heavy as-is, I'm not sure that I'd necessarily want to dramatically increase the strength needed to depress the valves. Knowing about the fact that I'd be compounding two already-fiddly geometry problems makes me less prone to want to do it (My last bass was an early 1062FD, and geometry problems with the second valve annoyed me from the first day I got the thing in the mail). I don't need that kind of frustration.

Thank you again for the information, you're doing a great service to the trombone community at large by being so transparent about such things.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Quote from: John Beers Jr. on Mar 28, 2016, 10:52AM
2. I've got it in the Protec 309 case currently, which is fine for getting around town (I didn't yet have the case when I initially posted, so was unsure how good it would be). My interest in the Bonna was primarily for the sake of possibly getting it onto an airplane at some point, while simultaneously increasing the "getting around town" protection for the horn. I'll stick with this case for the time being.

Thread jack:  If the slightly more compact size of a Bonna case lets you carry it on the plane, go for it.  But the Bonna is not designed for use as checked baggage, so don't plan on that.  If you have to check a trombone (and I do, because who wants to carry it all around the airport anyway?) the Protec has a little more space in it, and may protect better for checked baggage travel.  But you'll have to pack the horn well inside the Protec:  something inside the bell like packing material or a practice mute like Best Brass, and other padding to keep bell and slide parts from moving around.  A too-loose trombone in the case invites damage.

-SF
ttf_Molefsky

Post by ttf_Molefsky »

Quote from: sftrombone on Mar 28, 2016, 01:57PMThread jack:  If the slightly more compact size of a Bonna case lets you carry it on the plane, go for it.  But the Bonna is not designed for use as checked baggage, so don't plan on that.  If you have to check a trombone (and I do, because who wants to carry it all around the airport anyway?) the Protec has a little more space in it, and may protect better for checked baggage travel.  But you'll have to pack the horn well inside the Protec:  something inside the bell like packing material or a practice mute like Best Brass, and other padding to keep bell and slide parts from moving around.  A too-loose trombone in the case invites damage.

-SF

Double thread jack but bringing it back to Shires.

A. Does shires sell their bell collars separately and how much might it be?

B. Is there anything particularly different about the Sauer model bell that makes it suitable for being a screwbell?

C. If you don't sell the screwbell collar separately, is there a variety you would recommend for this?
ttf_hyperbolica

Post by ttf_hyperbolica »

Quote from: Molefsky on Mar 28, 2016, 02:06PMDouble thread jack but bringing it back to Shires.

B. Is there anything particularly different about the Sauer model bell that makes it suitable for being a screwbell?

C. If you don't sell the screwbell collar separately, is there a variety you would recommend for this?

And thread jack of a thread jack:

Can Shires make other screw bells, and would they make multiple flares (say 1 stem and 3 flares)?
ttf_griffinben

Post by ttf_griffinben »

Quote from: Molefsky on Mar 28, 2016, 02:06PMDouble thread jack but bringing it back to Shires.

We have sold collars alone in the past, but to techs only that we knew were doing the job.  You'll want to consult a tech because the inside of the collar is machined to a particular taper that is suitable for the bell.  I.e. the inside of the collar is the shape of the flare.

The Sauer model was designed from the start to have a screw collar.  While there is no particular characteristic that makes it particularly well suited to this endeavor, it was always part of the design process. 

Should you be looking for just the collar you may wish to speak to people that do horn conversions.  Osmun Music comes immediately to mind.
ttf_griffinben

Post by ttf_griffinben »

Quote from: hyperbolica on Mar 28, 2016, 02:14PMAnd thread jack of a thread jack:

Can Shires make other screw bells, and would they make multiple flares (say 1 stem and 3 flares)?

We can make a screw bell conversion of several bell types, but we do not make interchangeable flares separately.
ttf_hyperbolica

Post by ttf_hyperbolica »

Ok, will Shires sell the Sauer bell separately?
ttf_griffinben

Post by ttf_griffinben »

Quote from: hyperbolica on Mar 30, 2016, 10:04AMOk, will Shires sell the Sauer bell separately?

Yes, the Sauer bell is available as a stand alone component.
ttf_20Posaunen

Post by ttf_20Posaunen »

Quote from: griffinben on Mar 30, 2016, 04:38AMWe can make a screw bell conversion of several bell types, but we do not make interchangeable flares separately.

What other "cut" bell variations (besides the Sauer bell) has Shires made with great success?
ttf_griffinben

Post by ttf_griffinben »

Quote from: 20Posaunen on Mar 30, 2016, 03:36PMWhat other "cut" bell variations (besides the Sauer bell) has Shires made with great success?

There haven't been a lot of cut bells yet, but we're doing more and more.  Our bass bells have been very popular cut, particularly the BII 7YM and BII 7Y A5.  We made a TII 5YVNY that came out great and we are just finishing up two cut bells for Jim Nova (TII 7YM A5 & TII 7YM A5 T8).  We are doing a couple of cut 7YLW bells for trial as well.  Hopefully we'll have them at ITF.

Ben
ttf_20Posaunen

Post by ttf_20Posaunen »

Quote from: griffinben on Mar 31, 2016, 06:45AMThere haven't been a lot of cut bells yet, but we're doing more and more.  Our bass bells have been very popular cut, particularly the BII 7YM and BII 7Y A5.  We made a TII 5YVNY that came out great and we are just finishing up two cut bells for Jim Nova (TII 7YM A5 & TII 7YM A5 T8).  We are doing a couple of cut 7YLW bells for trial as well.  Hopefully we'll have them at ITF.

Ben

Thanks, Ben.
Is there an upcharge for the cut bells?
ttf_griffinben

Post by ttf_griffinben »

Quote from: 20Posaunen on Apr 01, 2016, 05:24PMThanks, Ben.
Is there an upcharge for the cut bells?

There is an upcharge for cut bells.  Please contact us directly or your local dealer for price!

Thanks,
Ben

Return to “Instruments”