Suggestions on trombone stands?

ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Quote from: chipolah on May 16, 2017, 10:50AMI have a K&M 14990 and I like it. But...  I now have a Wessex trombone stand and it is much sturdier than the K&M. It is far better for a bass trombone.  It is based on a cymbal stand bottom and a trombone stand top. It is not expensive.
This guy?

http://www.wessex-tubas.com/shop/accessories/stands/trombone-stand/
ttf_bonenick

Post by ttf_bonenick »

does the wessex tuba company have a dealr in Turkey or Bulgaria?
ttf_chipolah

Post by ttf_chipolah »

Quote from: Matt K on May 16, 2017, 11:44AMThis guy?

http://www.wessex-tubas.com/shop/accessories/stands/trombone-stand/
Yes...  That's the one.  It's more heavy-duty than the K&M stand.  The legs will open up more than the photo and the top is adjustable.  The stand is chrome.

Wessex does not have a dealer in Bulgaria or in any of the Balkan countries.  Wessex sells on line instead of through dealers to keep the prices down.
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Quote from: chipolah on May 16, 2017, 02:09PMYes...  That's the one.  It's more heavy-duty than the K&M stand.  The legs will open up more than the photo and the top is adjustable.  The stand is chrome.

Wessex does not have a dealer in Bulgaria or in any of the Balkan countries.  Wessex sells on line instead of through dealers to keep the prices down.

Good deal I'll order one tonight. I ran over my k and m stand and it hasn't been the same since!!
ttf_crazytrombonist505

Post by ttf_crazytrombonist505 »

Quote from: Matt K on May 16, 2017, 02:22PMI ran over my k and m stand and it hasn't been the same since!!
ttf_sabutin

Post by ttf_sabutin »

Quote from: chipolah on May 16, 2017, 02:09PMYes...  That's the one.  It's more heavy-duty than the K&M stand.  The legs will open up more than the photo and the top is adjustable.  The stand is chrome.

I did a web search for that stand...nothing under $100, about $80 of which was shipping from China.

Am I missing something?

S.
ttf_bonenick

Post by ttf_bonenick »

Quote from: sabutin on May 16, 2017, 03:01PMI did a web search for that stand...nothing under $100, about $80 of which was shipping from China.

Am I missing something?

S.

IMHO, They don't quite the feel the need to expand the network and can't be bothered for the moment - which is normal, they seem to be a relatively new brand (at least to my knowledge).
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Ouch, yeah I didn't see the shipping. If you can figure out a way to get it to my door for no more than the cost of the stand itself I'll definitely give it a shot!!
ttf_chipolah

Post by ttf_chipolah »

OK...  We have the stand in stock in England.  The price of the stand including shipping to the US will be around $40, give or take $1 or $2 either way, because I don't know the exact shipping cost.I'll find that out in a day or two. If you are interested, contact me directly and I'll take care of it for you.  [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]
ttf_bonenick

Post by ttf_bonenick »

Quote from: chipolah on Yesterday at 01:59 AMOK...  We have the stand in stock in England.  The price of the stand including shipping to the US will be around $40, give or take $1 or $2 either way, because I don't know the exact shipping cost.I'll find that out in a day or two. If you are interested, contact me directly and I'll take care of it for you.  [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

How about shipping to Turkey? Is it about the same?
ttf_SilverBone

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

Maybe it would be cheaper to ship a batch of these to a US distributor?  Maybe there's enough people willing to preorder?
ttf_chipolah

Post by ttf_chipolah »

Quote from: SilverBone on May 17, 2017, 03:24AMMaybe it would be cheaper to ship a batch of these to a US distributor?  Maybe there's enough people willing to preorder?
I've checked on the shipping cost and it is $25.oo from England to the US.  The shipping is for size, not weight. So... the stands are $20.oo and the shipping is $25.oo. Total $45.oo. If you buy 2 stands, or 3 stands, or however many you can fit in the box, the shipping price would be $25.oo for the box. We have a US warehouse in Michigan. They might have some.  Shipping prices might vary according to the method you use for shipping, but the $25.oo from England (FedEx) is the same as FedEx within the US. If someone wants to order a batch of them and send them off to others, let me know and I can arrange it and at the same time, let you know how many will go into one box.

I don't know the exact shipping price to Turkey, but it is less than to the US. If you are interested, let me know and I will find out the exact price.
ttf_BillO

Post by ttf_BillO »

It's unfortunate you use FedEX.  That would be a deal breaker for me.  FedEX will charge you $25 at your end (which of course you charge to your customer) then they will charge me another $25+ at my end brokerage, forwarding and handling.  I've been burnt by FedEX and UPS too many times.  Not sure how it is with them when receiving stuff from abroad in the States, but here in Canada the gouging is legendary.

Have you ever considered using Her Majesty's Post?
ttf_chipolah

Post by ttf_chipolah »

Quote from: BillO on May 17, 2017, 06:53AMIt's unfortunate you use FedEX.  That would be a deal breaker for me.  FedEX will charge you $25 at your end (which of course you charge to your customer) then they will charge me another $25+ at my end brokerage, forwarding and handling.  I've been burnt by FedEX and UPS too many times.  Not sure how it is with them when receiving stuff from abroad in the States, but here in Canada the gouging is legendary.

Have you ever considered using Her Majesty's Post?
Hi Bill...   We have used the Royal Mail in the past and it costs about the same and sometimes more. And... it takes MUCH longer. If you want me to, I will go to the Post Office with a stand in a box and find out how much it would be to Canada. (you're not committed to buy. It's just for both of us to know how much it will cost and how long it will take) What's your postcode?       Regards...    Chip
ttf_BillO

Post by ttf_BillO »

E-mail sent.
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

US (and maybe CA) People:

I have several interested in a shipment of these (5). PM / email me asap and I'll add you to that list and I'll ship it to you at cost (stand + shipping to you).  I'm located in WV, will be travelling to NYC, Pittsburgh, Toronto, and Ottowa in the coming months. I could arrange to drop it off somewhere instead of shipping.
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Hey Chipolah,

Just sent you an e-mail. Have a number of US people interested in doing an order!! Get back to us when you get a chance and we'll get it squared away!  Image
ttf_dj kennedy

Post by ttf_dj kennedy »

Image Image
some o  the new  hamiltons ////MADE IN VIETNAM    OUTTA RECYCLED HELICOPTER and shell caseings !!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: sabutin on Apr 27, 2017, 04:39PMYeah...but...

My several month old Hamilton's screw tighteners are already pretty well worn out and the cup suppoprt for the bell that's supposed to be adjustable never worked.

A large piece of crap, basically. I'm using it...using tape to set the lengths...but REALLY!!!

They probably sent you and Posaunus extra feet because they can't read very well.

Sorry...I get pissed off when things that I pay for don't work. If I played like they are now making trombone stands I'd be working as a fry cook now.

S.

ttf_bonenick

Post by ttf_bonenick »

Quote from: dj kennedy on May 24, 2017, 03:27AM Image Image
some o  the new  hamiltons ////MADE IN VIETNAM    OUTTA RECYCLED HELICOPTER and shell caseings !!!!!!!!!!!!

Better made in Russia made of recycled AK-47 - could be very, very multi-functional.....
ttf_dj kennedy

Post by ttf_dj kennedy »

that wessex         looks  great  for a studio stand  ///even w shipping to us  its  a good valve
------
 when i  was  in  hs  --i asked  mr b   if there was any  broke drum gear  and   made a stand
 bach then  it was  k&m  w a  blach  wood ball w  wool felt  and  little  wools  on  the  things that stuck out to put
bell on  //thumb screw  //nickle   plated
--------
over time   dust and rust  well there  were  different   designs  of the   legs  and varnished  wood  for  bigger bones
  i  got jimmy archies   stand  and  couple mutes  w the  ring  mute holder
 ================
in this whole thread   //nothin //no  history //it never happened //no pics ///no licks
there is some real  junk out there
------------
 well what i  would   like  is  a  redo   of  one[or more ] of the  early  k&m
 a  lt  in  aluminum  maybe     how  about carbon fiber //titanium
 w some  bicycle  technology  
  come on  GET WITH IT  --A GRADE SCHOOL KID  COULD DESIGN A BETTER STAND  
somethin to think about  at  mickies while  droppin french fries in the  hot  oil  

ttf_dj kennedy

Post by ttf_dj kennedy »

i would  buy 5  of these  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Chipolah,

Just sent you an e-mail. Have a number of US people interested in doing an order!! Get back to us when you get a chance and we'll get it squared away!  Image
[/quote]
ttf_BillO

Post by ttf_BillO »

Quote from: Matt K on May 18, 2017, 03:22AMUS (and maybe CA) People:

I have several interested in a shipment of these (5). PM / email me asap and I'll add you to that list and I'll ship it to you at cost (stand + shipping to you).  I'm located in WV, will be travelling to NYC, Pittsburgh, Toronto, and Ottowa in the coming months. I could arrange to drop it off somewhere instead of shipping.
Unfortunately both Ottawa and Toronto are quite far from where I am.  Thanks for the offer though Matt.  I wonder if Chip was able to find out about the Royal Post?
ttf_dj kennedy

Post by ttf_dj kennedy »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
chip  sent  5  stands  --and  just  unpacked  them---
sent  by  fedex  !!!!!!!!small  heavy   box------very  nice  --- super  gripper rubber  feet
very  strong  base  triangle   w  double chromed  legs  much  like  the  k&m
   spring loaded bell  rest   --------
---------------------------------------------
very  stable  and  can  have  a  smaller  or  wider  set up
 cost on the  five  shipped was25x5   + 50
  so any  of you  with  trombone  studios  or   needs  can order  for  your  bone   buddies 
----------------
improvements  i would  make in design  --slightly larger  thumb  bolt  diameter on the adjustments and
   forget  the  light domed height  adjust  knob and just use  the  same  size thumb tightener
the  top  of  bottom section is  really  beefy  !!!!!!!!!!!
----------------------------
  i have  many new  newer and  vintage  stands 
---------------------------------------------------
of course i would  like  to see  lighter  weight stands  made  with  camera tripod materials
   my favorites   are  the  simple  vintage  stands  for  bach 6   2b  holton 65    martin committee
 besson   conn 24h//4h//12h 6h  la williams    and moderns  rath shires bac  edwards  straight small  bores
----------------
 i think  better  stands  can  be  made  --function  first --ergonomics  that  incorporate
    features  used  in  bicycle  construction     so  i feel  that  a bicycle  designer  actually 
       could  come up  with a great  stand  with  off shelf  designs such as  used on seatposts
         as  well  as  great  tube --and  probably  be  very  competitive  with  other  designs
            and  not  over engineered  or much higher  cost
 -----------------------------
 i  have   bought  many  cheep stands  for  ''student  use''  but  encourage the buyers  of such
   not  to consider  the lowest  price  but  long term  durability
--------------------------
  the  wessex   has  a few flaws  but  the basics  are  there  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks  CHIP  !!!!!!!!!! Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
ttf_dj kennedy

Post by ttf_dj kennedy »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
chip  sent  5  stands  --and  just  unpacked  them---
sent  by  fedex  !!!!!!!!small  heavy   box------very  nice  --- super  gripper rubber  feet
very  strong  base  triangle   w  double chromed  legs  much  like  the  k&m
   spring loaded bell  rest   --------
very  stable  and  can  have  a  smaller  or  wider  set up
 cost on the  five  shipped was25x5   + 50
  so any  of you  with  trombone  studios  or   needs  can order  for  your  bone   buddies 
----------------
improvements  i would  make in design  --slightly larger  thumb  bolt  diameter on the adjustments and
   forget  the  light domed height  adjust  knob and just use  the  same  size thumb tightener
the  top  of  bottom section is  really  beefy  !!!!!!!!!!!
----------------------------
  i have  many new  newer and  vintage  stands 
---------------------------------------------------
of course i would  like  to see  lighter  weight stands  made  with  camera tripod materials
   my favorites   are  the  simple  vintage  stands  for  bach 6   2b  holton 65    martin committee
 besson   conn 24h//4h//12h 6h  la williams    and moderns  rath shires bac  edwards  straight small  bores
----------------
 i think  better  stands  can  be  made  --function  first --ergonomics  that  incorporate
    features  used  in  bicycle  construction     so  i feel  that  a bicycle  designer  actually 
       could  come up  with a great  stand  with  off shelf  designs such as  used on seatposts
         as  well  as  great  tube --and  probably  be  very  competitive  with  other  designs
            and  not  over engineered  or much higher  cost
 -----------------------------
 i  have   bought  many  cheep stands  for  ''student  use''  but  encourage the buyers  of such
   not  to consider  the lowest  price  but  long term  durability
--------------------------
  the  wessex   has  a few flaws  but  the basics  are  there  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks  CHIP  !!!!!!!!!! Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Accessories”