FS: M&W 322 Tenor

ttf_ctivey

FS: M&W 322 Tenor

Post by ttf_ctivey »

This is a beautiful trombone in nearly pristine condition. I bought it from David Binder off the forum last fall. Unfortunately, I've come into some unexpected financial challenges, and this is the lowest-hanging fruit, so to speak, to help alleviate them. Here's what David wrote about this horn:

QUOTE:
"322 M&W Tenor. 1 piece Gold bell. Yellow .547 slide, yellow bass crook. 3 screw-in lead pipes made by MK Drawing, their Mount Vernon copy MK42 pipe in yellow, rose, and bronze.

This is a special horn that I am reluctantly selling. I purchased it in June of last year and have used it less than 100 hours in my ownership. It is in mint condition, with only very slight wear on the handslide contact points. Slides and valve are faultless.

I bought this horn to experiment with my section in the DSO. It plays fantastically. I set it up like a Bach 42 with the one piece bell and the bass crook slide. At the time, it was the first bass crook tenor slide they had made. It’s dark, complex, and colorful, and holds together well in extreme situations. Blends well with horns of all makers. Impeccable craftsmanship.
" END QUOTE

I concur with all of that - it plays like a dream and remains in virtually perfect condition. I've put maybe 50-75 hours into playing it since I bought it. It's a very special horn.

I'm asking $4,000 for the trombone, three lead pipes, a BAM X-Light case in okay condition, and I'll cover shipping to CONUS. Below is a link to a couple of photos, but I'm happy to send more, or more specific close-ups, etc., to folks who are seriously interested. Please contact me via email: ctivey<at>csuchico.edu.

Chris

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NVyBkOUginKivcRc2

Return to “Classified Advertisements”