What else do you play??

Spin your yarns here.
bassclef

Re: What else do you play??

Post by bassclef »

I can play most non-pitched (marimba, xylophone, etc) percussion instruments. I have played drums in a few rock, blues and funk bands. When I was doing the community orchestra thing, I would often walk over to the percussion section to cover something like snare or tympani when the piece we were playing didn't have a trombone part and those groups were consistently short of competent players in that section. I also played snare and was the section leader of the drumline in my college marching band. Never had any lessons, it's always been something I could kind of just do somewhat well. I still like to get out the practice pad and (try to) read through some DCI-style snare stuff from time to time.
johnmatter

Re: What else do you play??

Post by johnmatter »

I spend a lot of time with synthesizers and programming languages like Max/MSP for ambient/noisy stuff. My professional background is experimental nuclear physics—it's fun to bring my electronics and programming knowledge into music making.

It's a dangerous rabbit hole to go down if you're susceptible to gear acquisition syndrome though!

Return to “Tangents”