Tablet charging?

ttf_Whitbey

Tablet charging?

Post by ttf_Whitbey »

I have a Surface tablet.  They need a strong power charger. But things are not well marked and everyone says there power unit is big. I have a couple of these that had been working. Took one to the office that was working and now it is just a trickle charge. I bought a new 6 ft USB wire on Amazon. The location and the wire are the different thing. The plug transformer worked before. Could the wire really be limiting the charge process. Or is something else going on I am missing?

ttf_Todd Jonz

Tablet charging?

Post by ttf_Todd Jonz »

A USB cable contains four wires, two for power and two for data.  If the data lines are shorted a host device that supports "fast charging" will recognize the cable as a charging cable and will draw more current if the connected charger can provide it, resulting in a faster charge..  Charging cables use a heavier gauge wire to keep them from melting under the increased current flow.  Avoid cheap cables, which use a thinner guage of wire, and long cables, which present a higher resistance and cause "smart" charging circuitry to draw less current, resulting in a slower charge.

ttf_Whitbey

Tablet charging?

Post by ttf_Whitbey »

So the cable must be it. I bought the better cables. Is there key words used that indicate the cable will hold up.
I firmly believe marketers of USB charging products are mutant offspring of used car dealers and strippers off 8 mile.   
ttf_Whitbey

Tablet charging?

Post by ttf_Whitbey »

So the cable must be it. I bought the better cables. Is there key words used that indicate the cable will hold up.
I firmly believe marketers of USB charging products are mutant offspring of used car dealers and strippers off 8 mile.   

Return to “Technology”