Trombonist Needed ASAP, summer gig @Cedar Point OH

ttf_Jhereg

Post by ttf_Jhereg »

Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky, OH is looking for a trombonist to perform in its "beach band" from June 3 through August 20 and possibly later.
Great opportunity to perform for the summer!

The Beach Band is a 7-person group that plays essentially mini-marching band arrangements of pop and rock style material.  The instrumentation consists of 2 trumpets, 2 trombones, a sousaphone/tuba, and a marching snare and bass drum.  There is also some fun, basic movement involved in the performances, and the group directly interacts with the guests during their sets.  All material is learned onsite during our one week rehearsal period. Rehearsals will take place from June 3 through June 9, 2017.  Rehearsals are paid at a flat hourly rate of $11.60 per hour, and they normally rehearse about 8 hours per day.

The Beach Band then begins performances on Saturday, June 10th.  They do 6 sets per day, in different areas of the park, and each set is about 22 minutes long.  Performances continue 6 days per week through August 20. 2017.  Performances are paid at a daily rate of $92.80 per day; for a 6 day performance week, that would come to $556.80 per week.

Cedar Point can also provide housing for a nominal fee, should you be interested. Live Entertainment staff are placed in some of their apartment-style units, and the cost is approximately $63 per week.
All housing units are multiple-occupancy, furnished, and the weekly cost covers wifi & all utilities.

If you are interested in the gig, prepare an email using the "Video Auditions" section found here: https://www.cedarpoint.com/jobs/live-entertainment

...then contact Lisa Jones, Manager/Performance Casting, at [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url] AND [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

**It is late in the hiring season and this position needs to be filled ASAP!!**
Even if you don't have all of the audition materials ready, at least send your resume and express your interest, and I'll bet you'll still be considered.

Good luck!  Image
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

This your new gig, Megan?
ttf_Jhereg

Post by ttf_Jhereg »

I did apply but decided against it as it's seasonal and I'd need another job in Ohio before moving there.

Expecting/Hoping to have some good news on the job front by Monday..
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Good luck.  I hope you land on your feet.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

With pay like that, it looks like a job geared toward a college student looking for gig experience over the summer. Definitely not enough to live on.

Still, those gigs can be good gig experience for college students.

Tough thing about Cedar Point - I don't think there are many college students close to that place. Where's the nearest music college? Cleveland? Toledo?
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Quote from: Andrew Meronek on Mar 10, 2017, 09:04PMTough thing about Cedar Point - I don't think there are many college students close to that place. Where's the nearest music college? Cleveland? Toledo?

Oberlin I would think.
ttf_Dan Hine

Post by ttf_Dan Hine »

Quote from: Andrew Meronek on Mar 10, 2017, 09:04PM

Tough thing about Cedar Point - I don't think there are many college students close to that place.

They don't need to be close since lodging is available on site.  About $2,000/month with furnished lodging, utilities and wifi?  Sounds like a great opportunity!  I went to school in SC and would have jumped at this sort of thing.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Heck anyone who lives in SC would kill to be somewhere cooler for the summer.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Quote from: Andrew Meronek on Mar 10, 2017, 09:04PMWith pay like that, it looks like a job geared toward a college student looking for gig experience over the summer. Definitely not enough to live on.

Tough thing about Cedar Point - I don't think there are many college students close to that place. Where's the nearest music college? Cleveland? Toledo?

That's exactly right.  I worked at Cedar Point in the summer of 1997 (when there were a lot more shows with horns.) I lived in the housing (somewhat a cross between a college dorm and summer camp) had a lot of fun after shows were over for the day, and went back to school in the fall with chops of steel!

Oh, and we got to ride roller coasters for free!
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Quote from: Andrew Meronek on Mar 10, 2017, 09:04PMWith pay like that, it looks like a job geared toward a college student looking for gig experience over the summer. Definitely not enough to live on.

That's exactly right.  I worked at Cedar Point in the summer of 1997 (when there were a lot more shows with horns.) I lived in the housing (somewhat a cross between a college dorm and summer camp) had a lot of fun after shows were over for the day, and went back to school in the fall with chops of steel!

Oh, and we got to ride roller coasters for free!

Return to “Notices from TTF Members”