Which Bullet Brace for T-396?

ttf_sterb225

Post by ttf_sterb225 »

I have fallen in love with a pristine T-396 Edwards ... the only thing is that my hands are not quite big enough to manage the tigger comfortably for long stretches of time.  The lever configuration is not the same as the axial valves - so before I grab a brace does anyone know which (C or S) style brace works best on this horn?  Thanks. 
ttf_Rockymountaintrombone

Post by ttf_Rockymountaintrombone »

Check w/Edwards, but if I remember correctly, there isn't a bullet brace that fits the Alessi model. I seem to remember something in the early promos on that horn where they said that unfortunately, their bullet brace would not fit with the wrap they were using for the F attachment. Perhaps they have had a chance to come up with a remedy for that situation.

Jim Scott
ttf_harrison.t.reed

Post by ttf_harrison.t.reed »

Quote from: sterb225 on May 24, 2017, 06:04PMI have fallen in love with a pristine T-396 Edwards ... the only thing is that my hands are not quite big enough to manage the tigger comfortably for long stretches of time.  The lever configuration is not the same as the axial valves - so before I grab a brace does anyone know which (C or S) style brace works best on this horn?  Thanks. 

call up Christian at Edwards.
ttf_tbonegeek93

Post by ttf_tbonegeek93 »

I have the C bullet brace on my 396 and it works perfectly.  Installing it is a little strange but it does work.
ttf_bulleidpacific

Post by ttf_bulleidpacific »

If you get an Ax Handle instead of a Bullet Brace the kit contains both a C and different S braces so you can experiment freely.  Some feel it it is better made too, but as I've tried the Ax and not the Bullet I can't endorse that....
ttf_FlamingRain

Post by ttf_FlamingRain »

I second the vote for the Ax handle, not only is it more customizable, it is also cheaper!
ttf_john jenkins

Post by ttf_john jenkins »

Go with the Ax Handle. You won't regret it. You get more bang for your buck, too, and their customer service is top notch.
ttf_FlamingRain

I have the Ax Handle on mine, it works fantastic - the Edwards is super front-heavy (for me at least) and it really helps and was definitely cheaper than getting the Bullet Brace, and is way more customizable.

E: (face desk) when you realize you've already replied to this thread...
ttf_FlamingRain

I have the Ax Handle on mine, it works fantastic - the Edwards is super front-heavy (for me at least) and it really helps and was definitely cheaper than getting the Bullet Brace, and is way more customizable.

E: (face desk) when you realize you've already replied to this thread...

Return to “Accessories”