Thank you Doug Elliot

How and what to teach and learn.
jthomas105

Thank you Doug Elliot

Post by jthomas105 »

I want to thank Doug for a wonderful masterclass he did today with about a dozen of my middle/high school students on his stopover in Dallas while making his way back home from the TMEA convention where he had an exhibitors booth. He was able to work with all of my students and was nothing but positive with every one of them. I was able to take notes and video to be able to continue with his instructions during future lessons.

When the class was over and the kids had gone I was able to have a lesson with Doug. He helped me understand what he and Dave Wilken write about. It was so good to be able to see first hand how what he says when answering questions here was actually put into practice with my students and myself.

For anyone that has been on the fence about whether or not Doug can help you when people on TromboneChat say "get a lesson with Doug", get off the fence they are right. I always believed it I just wanted to have one in person instead of by Skype. I was so fortunate when he posted a week and a half ago about his plans to stop in Dallas. At the time he did not have a location to teach from when I contacted him about where I might be able to have a lesson with him. When asked the band director where I teach low brass lessons if we could have Doug use our school as a place to teach from he readily agreed and made the funds available for the masterclass with my students. He was even able to put a rush on getting the paperwork (background checks/payment/etc.) done so that we could have him today and the district even had his check ready to give him today.

I hope to make this an annual stop for him whenever he comes to TMEA.

Thank you Doug

John Thomas
Mikebmiller

Re: Thank you Doug Elliot

Post by Mikebmiller »

Glad to hear tha Doug passed the background check.

Return to “Teaching & Learning”