Alternatives to Ergobone?

Bach5G

Alternatives to Ergobone?

Post by Bach5G »

I find the Ergobone a bit cumbersome. Is there something like a list that, for example, sits on the chair with a simpler connection at the receiver?
musicofnote

Re: Alternatives to Ergobone?

Post by musicofnote »

Little else is effective at relieving so much of the instruments weight while playing. I put together a list of various "things" i tried. Fortunately I found what worked best, but then again, in my case it was also a matter of time a exercise to strengthen the left arm/wrist.

There is one similar product I described, but you'll see why I couldn't use it....

https://5d832781b3df5.site123.me/trombone-braces
Mostly:
Yamaha Xeno 822G with a Greg Black 1 3/8 medium or Wedge 110G Gen 2 (.300" throat)

Very seldom:
Rath R400 with a Wedge 4G

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it."
SFA

Post by SFA »

https://trombonespinesaver.com/?option= ... &Itemid=12

The support in the video is NOT what you get. This apparently was first designed but too expensive to market.

The support in the two photos is what is sold.
Bach5G

Post by Bach5G »

Thanks. It looks like the Spine Saver as shown in the photos is what I had in mind.
timothy42b

Post by timothy42b »

When I had some left shoulder impingement flaring up, the ergobone was the only way I could play.

Shortly after that though I ran into some chops problems that could be related. Who knows? There was another factor at the same time.

A bass trombone player in a local group has a sturdy stand with a cushion on top, where he rests his left elbow. He has it dialed in to the right height, and there's no awkwardness getting in and out of grips etc. Might give that one a try.
CharlieB

Post by CharlieB »

timothy42b wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:28 pm A bass trombone player in a local group has a sturdy stand with a cushion on top, where he rests his left elbow. He has it dialed in to the right height, and there's no awkwardness getting in and out of grips etc. Might give that one a try.
^^^ Been there, done that.
Takes all the trombone weight off of the shoulder.
Works really well.
Regular trombone stand with the cone/spring on the top replaced with a small padded table for the elbow to rest on. Small DIY project........never seen one commercially made.

Return to “Accessories”