Yamaha slide legth

EZSlider

Yamaha slide legth

Post by EZSlider »

Hey guys,
I have a cut bell ysl 891z on the way, and I am wondering if anyone knows off hand the total legth of the slide? Looking into case options and considering some covert rifle soft cases..
Thanks in advance
EZ
RJMason

Re: Yamaha slide legth

Post by RJMason »

Slide is 31 inches from bell receiver to end nipple. Mine is in a small bore Marcus Bonna case which fits it perfectly. An SKB or LL Bean shotgun case should work.

Bought my 891ZD in August. Thought I found “the one” before that, but tried one at Chuck Levin’s and instantly picked it up. What a horn, the yellow brass screw collar makes the horn sound and feel way better than the original, IMO. Took a few months adjustment from Bach but worth it. Enjoy!
EZSlider

Post by EZSlider »

RJMason wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:43 pm Slide is 31 inches from bell receiver to end nipple. Mine is in a small bore Marcus Bonna case which fits it perfectly. An SKB or LL Bean shotgun case should work.

Bought my 891ZD in August. Thought I found “the one” before that, but tried one at Chuck Levin’s and instantly picked it up. What a horn, the yellow brass screw collar makes the horn sound and feel way better than the original, IMO. Took a few months adjustment from Bach but worth it. Enjoy!
Thank you very much friend!
Yeah I'm stoked.. Mine will be here Tuesday, and is actually just a z model that had a ring added.. I presume it will still be an awesome horn.. I am mainly a bass player but ended up with my first horn again(Olds ambassador) and have fallen in love with small bore.
I have MB cases for my bass and flugabone and love the quality, just not looking for another $500+ case investment ATM lol
EZ
EZSlider

Post by EZSlider »

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07BLL2Y ... U6UG&psc=1
Thinking this might be the winner!
Able to give me a width on the slide too? Thanks a bunch
EZ

Return to “Instruments”